We live in a world where we do everything online. Temples in Karnataka have also embraced the world of online exchanges in order to let the devotees make online offering or e- sevas. This article discusses how to offer e- sevas in some of the major endowment temples of Karnataka.
As we all know, Karnataka is known for various temples which are mentioned in the Indian mythology. Several of these temples attract devotees from across the globe every year.
What Is Endowment Temples
Most of the temples of the Karnataka which are mentioned in the history are owned and managed by the endowment department which is part of the revenue department. A separate commissioner is appointed to manage the department.
But of late, the department introduced various online services to enable the devotees to offer their prayers and offerings online. This enabled the devotees to offer their seva at the temple-deity of choice without visiting. It is slowly gaining popularity.
- The devotees need not wait in a long queue
- The prasadm is sent to the address of the devotees by the temple management after performing seva
- There is no need to perform any prayers and offerings in a rush. The prayers can be offered to the deity from the distance place
- This facility allows the devotees to offer the offering of their choice any time from any where
Temples In Karnataka That Let You Offer E-Sevas
In Karnataka, the temples owned by the endowment department are classified into three categories based on their annual revenue. They are A, B and C category temples.
According to the endowment department authorities, e-seva facility is available in all the A category temples.
Kukke Subramanya Temple, Dakshina Kannada
This temple is one of the oldest temples of the state. This temple is in the Dakshina Kannada district of the state. The temple is surrounded by the thick forest. Well-known persons including cricketer Sachin Tendulkar and Amitabh Bachcchan visit this temple frequently. It is believed that Naga Dosha relief can be found by offering puja at this temple.
Every day hundreds of devotees from across the globe visit this temple. This temple can be reached via bus (via Hassan-Sakaleshpura) and train (Bengaluru-Mangaluru).
Now for the benefit of the devotees, the temple management committee has launched e-seva system. This temple is known for sevas including Sarpa Samkara, Ashlesha Bali etc.
How To Offer E-Seva Kukke Subramanya Temple
- The Sarpa Samskara seva including Naga Prathista can be offered by visiting the link https://eseva.kukke.org/sarpasamskara/default.aspx
- The online donation can be done by clicking the https://eseva.kukke.org/ehundi/default.aspx
- The list of sevas offered to the deity of Lord Subramanya can be seen by clicking the link
Chamundeshwari Temple, Mysuru
The Chamundeshwari temple of the Mysuru is considered as the state deity of the Karnataka state. This temple is located on the top of the Chamundi Hills which is 20 minutes drive from the heart of the Mysuru.
This temple also offers various e-sevas for the devotees. The devotees can offer online sevas by visiting the official website of the temple http://chamundeshwaritemple.in
List Of E-Sevas Available At The Chamundeshwari Temple
The devotees need to visit – http://chamundeshwaritemple.in/Bookticket.aspx to find out the e-sevas available in the temple. The temple offers four online services. All the four online facilities are provided through a single online link http://chamundeshwaritemple.in/Bookticket.aspx.
- E-ticket for the temple darshan: the payment can be made via http://chamundeshwaritemple.in/Bookticket.aspx. The print out allows the devotees to take the special darshan.
- E-Seva booking: Under this category, a total of 17 sevas can be booked online. These sevas include Tulabhara, Simha Vahanotsava, Saptashathi Parayana, Rudrakshi Mantapotsava, etc. The link for the seva booking is http://chamundeshwaritemple.in/Bookticket.aspx.
- E-Kanike: the devotees can donate money for the various hundis opened up in the temple via E-Kanike. From temple hundi to, donations for the mass feeding etc can be done through E-Kanike. Link for the E-Kanike
You can book the accommodation online. The Chamundeshwari temple has dormitory and the lodging facilities. The rooms can be reserved in advance online. The link is http://chamundeshwaritemple.in/Bookticket.aspx.
MM Hills Temple, MM Hills
This temple has devotees across the state. But except room booking, no other sevas are offered online in this temple. For online booking, the devotees can visit http://mmhillsreservation.dyndns.org:85/
This temple is located in the Kollur town of the Udupi district. This temple has huge devotee following across the globe. Most of the devotees are from the Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
This temple has the history of several hundred years and closely associated with the Adi Shankaracharya who is credited with the revival of the Hinduism.
This temple offers three online services which can be found on the page –http://www.kollurmookambika.org/online-services. All the sevas at the temple can be booked in advance online by visiting the http://www.kollurmookambika.org/e-seva
This is one of the famous shakti (goddess Durga Parameshwari temples) temples of the state.This temple has a huge devotee following in the gulf countries, Maharastra and other parts of the country.
Compared to the other endowment department owned temples, this temple is offering comprehensive online services. The online services can be availed by clicking the temple websitehttps://kateeldevi.in/e-seva/. A total of 21 sevas can be offered online in this temple.
According to the authorities, the online seva system is developed in such a way that the devotees can make payment via credit, debit cards and the net banking system.
E- seva Booking Via Bangalore One/ Karnataka One
Along with the individual websites, the Online Seva, E-Kanike and accommodation advance booking can be done through the nearest Bangalore One/ Karnataka One centers.
According to the authorities, the major endowment temples of the state include:
- Chamundeshwari Temple, Mysuru
- Kukke Subrahmanya
- Kateel Sri Durga Parameshwari
- Kolluru Mookambika
- Mandarti Sri Durga Parameshwari Temple
- MM Hills Male Mahadeshwara
- Nanjanagudu Shrikanteshwara, Mysuru
- Shree Banashankari Devi
- Sri RenukaYellamma
- Sri Huligemma Devi
Accommodations and the Kanike offering can also be booked through these centers.
According to the authorities, several individuals and trusts are running websites in the name of several endowment department owned temples. They offer various online sevas.
But they reach the individual accounts instead of the temple account. So beware of frauds when you book an offering online.