Lalbagh Flower is a sight to watch. Every year on Independence Day and Republic day, flower shows are organized at the Lalbagh Botanical Garden. The event is jointly organized by the Department of Horticulture and Mysore Horticulture Society, this flower show has been one of the most awaited events in the Garden City.
The 212th edition of the Independence Day Lalbagh flower 2020 has been cancelled due to the Corona pandemic.
The 2020 Republic Day show is organized to commemorate 157th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda. Around 6 lakh flowers will be used to create a floral representation of :
- Vivekananda Rock Memorial in Kanyakumari
- His famous speech in Chicago
- A statue of Vivekananda
Major Attractions of the 2020 Republic Day Flower Show
The Rock memorial with a temple will be a major attraction. The floral replica will be measuring 17 feet in height, 21 feet in length, and 8 feet wide. The flowers will be changed twice during the 10-days of the flower show.
- Floral replica of the iconic Vivekananda Rock, His famous speech in Chicago and statue of the monk
- Display of his sayings
- Screening of documentaries
- 3.2 lakh flowers will be used to on the Rock
- 1.5 lakh flowers will be used to create the floral representation of Vivekananda’s Chicago speech
- More than 40,000 saffron flowers used for the statue
Milestones of 2020 Lalbagh Flower show
- Imported flowers from 10 different countries
- 37 different species of flowers in 235 shades and patterns will be on display
- Varieties of temperate flowers from Ooty and Sikkim will be displayed.
- 100 boards with information about the monk’s life
- Two large outdoor screens for screening documentaries
- Vivekananda Sudhe programme between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- Poems by Kannada poets Kuvempu and G.S. Shivarudrappa will be performed
A Peek into the Flower Fiesta of Republic Day Flower Show 2020
This edition of the Lalbagh Flower Show will be open to the public from the 17th to the 26th of January 2020. Over 6 lakh visitors are expected. The colorful flower arrangements and intricate models on display makes the exhibition attractive to adults and children. Plants and saplings will also be available for sale.
Lalbagh Flower Show on Republic Day 2020: Quick Facts
- The show is open from January 17 to 26, 2020
- Car parking will be at Shantinagar Bus Stand, the BBMP car park on JC Road, for two-wheelers at Al-Ameen College and HOPCOMS premises near Double Road Gate.
- Pedestrians can enter the flower show from any of the 4 gates.
- The entry fee is priced at INR. 70
- Entry fee for children on holidays/weekends is INR 20.
- School children are requested to visit the show on weekdays
- Plastic is not permitted on the premises
- You can buy the tickets for the show online.
- The entry of private vehicles has been banned into Lalbagh by The Horticulture Department.
- School buses are allowed into the garden through the Double Road gate.
- There are cloakrooms at each entrance of the Lalbagh Botanical Garden.
- 40 CCTVs, hidden cameras, and drone cameras have been used for providing security.
- Timings: 9 am to 6 pm