Every year on Independence Day and Republic day, flower shows are organized at the Lalbagh Botanical Garden. The event is jointly organized by Department of Horticulture and Mysore Horticulture Society, this flower show has been one of the most awaited events in the Garden City.
The 2018 Independence Day edition of Lalbagh flower show is the 207th flower show! A remarkable milestone. This year the flower show showcases the teaching and life of Bahubali. Over 500,000 visitors are expected to see this famous flower show. The glass house will be transformed in such a way that it will have the look and feel of Shravanabelagola.
Major Attractions of the Show
- A replica of Indragiri Hill will be created with flowers
- The statue of Bahubali will be erected on the hill
- Lines from well- known books on the saint, his portraits, and paintings will be displayed
- In order to promote millet culture, there will be a bust of Bahubali made of millets at the venue
- Over a lakh flowers can be spotted on the replica
- Rare verities of flowers such as waxflower, hypericum, anthurium, protea and oriental lilies will be used.
- Around 500 variants of frigid zone flowers from Darjeeling and Sikkim can also be seen
The floral extravaganza will also feature floral pyramids. There will also be exhibitions of flower pots and vegetable. There are over 100 stalls selling plants and sapling. Wood carving on fallen trees (200-year-old), mini-landscape display are also highlights of the show.
Milestones of 2018 Lalbagh Flower show
- Inauguration of the renovated Dr. M.H. Marigowda National Horticulture Library
- Inauguration of waterfall at the lake which will come alive 4 times a day
- A whopping 1.63 crore is spent on the show
A Peek into the Flower Fiesta of Flower Show 2018
This 10-day floral extravaganza at Lalbagh will be held from January 19th to 29th 2018. All the flowers and plants displayed at the Show are detailed with definite information.
The cool and sublime weather condition of Bangalore adds to the splendour of the show in more ways than one way. Undoubtedly, a must visit place for the whole family.
Lalbagh Flower Show on Independence Day 2018: Quick Facts
- The show is open from January 19th to 29th, 2018
- Car parking will be at Shantinagar Bus Stand, the BBMP car park on JC Road, for two-wheelers at Al-Ameen College and HOPCOMS premises near Double Road Gate.
- Pedestrians can enter the flower show from any of the 4 gates.
- The entry fee is priced at INR. 60
- Entry fee for children on all holidays days is Rs 20.
- You can buy the tickets to the show online.
- Entry of private vehicles has been banned into Lal Bagh by The Horticulture Department.
- School buses are allowed into the garden through the Double Road gate.
- There are cloak rooms at each entrance of the Lalbagh Botanical Garden.
- 40 CCTVs, hidden cameras, and drone cameras have been used for providing security.
- Timings: 8 am to 6 pm
- from January 22 to 25 and on January 27 entry will be free for school children