Lalbagh Flower is a sight to watch. Every year on Independence Day and Republic day, flower shows are organized at the Lalbagh Botanical Garden. The event is jointly organized by the Department of Horticulture and Mysore Horticulture Society, this flower show has been one of the most awaited events in the Garden City.
Independence Day Lalbagh Flower Show – An Overview
The 212th edition of the Independence Day Lalbagh flower 2022 will be held between August 5 and 15. The previous four flower shows were cancellled due to COVID-19.
The 2022 Indepence Day show is themed on Kannada matinee idol Dr Rajkumar and his son Puneeth Rajkumar. The cots of show is estimated to be Rs 2.5 crores. A torch light will be lit at the samadhi of Dr Raj Kumar and Puneeth and in Lalbagh till the event is over.
Major Attractions of the 2022 Indepence Day Flower Show
Flowers from Ooty, New Zealand, America, Holland, Argentina, Kenya and many other countries will be used. The glass house in the botanical garden will feature over 65 types of flower plants that will bloom throughout the year.
Replicas of Dr Rajkumar’s Gajanuru house and Puneeth Rajkumar’s Shakti Dhama, a rehabilitation center will be created using Roses and chrysanthemum flowers. More than 10 lakh visitors are expected at Lalbagh during the flower show.
2022 Indepence Day Flower Show – Highlights
- A total of 3.5 lakh flower pots of over 65 varieties will be displayed within the glass house.
- 20 varieties of temperate flowers from Ooty will be used
- 27 varieties of flowers including tulips, hydrangea, hypericum berry and others from 10 countries will be on display
- Flowers from Cubbon Park, Nandi Hills, Ooty and Kemmannugund will be used
Lalbagh Flower Show on Indepence Day 2022: Quick Facts
- The show is open from August 5 to August 15
- Car parking will be at Shantinagar Bus Stand, the BBMP car park on JC Road, for two-wheelers at Al-Ameen College and HOPCOMS premises near Double Road Gate.
- Pedestrians can enter the flower show from any of the 4 gates.
- The entry fee is priced at Rs 70 on weekdays and Rs 75 on weekends
- Entry fee for children on holidays/weekends is INR 20.
- School children are requested to visit the show on weekdays
- A zero-waste, zero-plastic, and zero-littering even
- You can buy the tickets for the show online.
- The entry of private vehicles has been banned into Lalbagh by The Horticulture Department.
- School buses are allowed into the garden through the Double Road gate.
- There are cloakrooms at each entrance of the Lalbagh Botanical Garden.
- 125 CCTV cameras, 350 quick response personnel in addition to 50 home guards.
- Timings: 9 am to 6 pm