With Independence Day round the corner, Lalbagh Flower show at Bengaluru has showcased the theme of Vidhana Soudha this year (2023) between 4th August and 15th August.
The Lalbagh Botanical Garden has chosen its theme as the Vidhana Soudha, the prime legislative building in Bengaluru and Kengal Hanumanthaiah, who was instrumental in building it. Around 18 feet tall Vidhana Soudha has been replicated with flowers right next to the statue of the second chief minister of Karnataka, Kengal Hanumanthaiah. The state legislative building is made with over 7 lakh flowers and the entire flower show boasts of about 29 lakh flowers. The Lalbagh Flower Show 2023 is expected to draw a crowd of 10 lakh visitors till the end of the show by the horticulture department that maintains the garden.
The Iconic Lalbagh Flower Show 2023 for the Independence Day was inaugurated by Siddaramaiah, the Chief minister of Karnataka.
Highlights of Lalbagh Flower Show 2023 on account of the Independence Day
- The Lalbagh Flower Show 2023 for Independence Day is the 214th flower show.
- The flower show this year honours the former Karnataka CM Kengal Hanumanthaiah, who played a pivotal role in constructing the Vidhana Soudha at Bengaluru in 1956.
- A beautiful floral replica of the Vidhana Soudha stands next to the statue of Kengal Hanumanthaiah.
- The horticulture department has effectively made arrangements to manage the expected 10 lakh visitors till the end of the show, especially during the weekends.
- The horticulture department has additionally organised competitions in Ikebana, vegetable and fruit carving, Pushpa Bharati, and Bonsai to enthral the visitors.
- Rs 2.5 crore was used in decoration for the flower show where most of the flowers were grown in Lalbagh itself. A few other kinds of flowers were secured from Pune.
- Rs 70 has been charged as an entry fee for the adults and Rs 30 for children. During weekends, Rs 80 has been charged for adults.
- School children who visit the flower show in their uniforms are allowed entry free of charge.
- The flower show is open from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Namma Metro will issue paper tickets for the return journey from Lalbagh metro station on August 15th on account of the Independence Day flower show. These paper tickets, priced at Rs 30, can be used to commute between Lalbagh and any other metro stations from 10 AM to 8 PM. They are sold at all metro stations from 8 AM to 6 PM and at the Lalbagh station up to 8 PM.