There are many Non Governmental Organizations concentrating on the depleting environment in India. Environment is a very difficult area to fight for, especially if it involves the forest area.
The reducing forest area, non-protection of lakes is a huge concern for the survival of humanity.
One cannot blame just the government and politicians for the situation. We citizens too are responsible for the amount of garbage, e-waste we generate.
- Eco Watch – Headed by well known environmentalist Suresh Heblikar.
- Environment Support Group (ESG) is an independent not-for-profit non-governmental organisation, founded in 1996 and registered as a Public Charitable Trust in 1998. Its main functions involve research, training, campaign support, and advocacy on a variety of environmental and social justice issues.
- Green Dreams for the Planet Foundation
- Greenpeace India
- Project Agastya – better, more efficient and Sustainable Water Resources Management in Bangalore
- Rainwater Club – The Bangalorean’s Guide to Rooftop Rainwater Harvesting
# 431, 8th cross, Jayanagar I Block, Bangalore – 560011
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWe are based in Bangalore and committed to finding solutions to problems related to solid waste. Our organisation has studied the Municipal Solid Waste (Management and Handling Rules) of 2000 and we believe that it provides suitable guidelines for improving the existing situation of solid waste management in the city.Saahas has already worked extensively to introduce waste management in schools, colleges, corporate offices and households.In the last 4 years Saahas has also worked extensively to introduce e-waste mangement both in corporate offices as well as schools and households. In association with our corporate partner WeP Peripherals we have set up a collection and safe recycling sytem for frequently used e-waste products like dry cell batteries, CDS and floppies.There are more than a 100 collection points now spread over Bangalore. The public locations for our bins are as follows:
- Safina Plaza (near Sankar Book shop)
- Forum (Inside Landmark)
- G.K Vale (Jayanagar and CMH Road)
- More (Bannerghatta Road)
- Fitness One (Jayanagar, Kormangala)
Persons interested in having the receptacales in their apartments/schools/offices/commercial establishments may kindly contact us.
- Say Trees – helping Bangalore regain its ‘Garden City’ brand.
- Vanastree – The desire to make available the wide variety of semi-wild and cultivated plant species of the region motivates this effort. The area has seen the rise and sharp fall in the prices of areca, the region’s predominant cash crop. In this context, addressing issues of food security and health has become critical.
Swachha Eco Solutions – A Bangalore based NGO that turns plastic waste into tiles, pipes and more