In Karnataka, the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is implemented in all the cities. It is very useful for urban youths who are planning to buy their first apartment or house. The project is implemented through the Directorate of Municipal Administration.
- PMAY Office Address: RAAS Housing Finance (India) Limited, 1249, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-110070
- Customer Care Toll-Free: 1800-11-5050
- Phone Number: +91 95997 89921
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.pradhanmantriawasyojna.com
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – An Overview
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana which started with the objective of providing house to all is one of the ambitious schemes of the central government. This has been introduced in 2015 and planning to complete all its initiatives by 2022.
This scheme will provide assistance to different states and Union Territories either through Urban Local Bodies or through other implementing agencies for the implementation of the scheme.
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation launched this scheme with the idea of ensuring that all the families get a roof on their top. In Karnataka also this scheme is implemented. Affordable houses for all by 2022 is the main objective of the Pradhan Mantri Aawas Yojana.
This programme aims at providing house for women, economically backward groups, SCs and STs. Now it has been also extended to disadvantaged sections like Transgender, Widows, and members of the lower income groups, physically disabled and the urban poor
The house will be constructed in the private participation and affordable housing will be provided to the needy with the help of private partners. Beneficiaries will get credit linked subsidy under this scheme.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Key Points
- Economical weaker section with an annual income up to Rs. 3Lakhs can benefit
- A family which comprise husband, wife and unmarried children will be the beneficiaries. This family should not hold a pucca house either in his/her name or in the name of any members of the family.
- While allotting the ground floors under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, preference will be given to the senior and differently able persons.
- The house will include 30 square meter carpet area with basic civic infrastructure.
- The houses must have toilet facility.
- Construction work should meet the national building code and bureau of Indian Standards codes.
- A total 6.5 % interest subsidy on housing loan will be provided for 15 years to the beneficiaries.
- Constructed houses will be in the name of female head of the house hold. Or, should be in the joint name of the male head of the household and his wife.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Who Can Benefit?
Generally preferences should be given to Manual Scavengers, Women (with overriding preference to widows), Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes, Minorities, Persons with disabilities and Transgender.
Typically, central Government will release the entire amount to the state government. But according to the norms State Government should release financial assistance to the beneficiaries in instalments.
Depending on the progress of construction of the house, the amount should be released in installments. Beneficiaries can start the construction using their own funds or any other fund.
Government funds will be proportion to the construction. The final installment of the government fund, INR 30,000/- should be released only after completion of the house.