One of the most discussed subjects these days is PM Kisan scheme. In Karnataka, this scheme is being implemented through the various stakeholders and at Gram panchayat level all the small farmers will be brought under the scheme.
This program aims at providing income support to farmers. The main objective of this scheme announced by the Prime Minister just before the recently concluded general election is enhancing the income of small and marginal farmers.
The scheme is called the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM Kisan). Even though it is a central sector scheme, the state governments will play a key role in their implementation.
But what needs to be kept in mind that no agent has been appointed by the state government or central government to include or exclude names of the beneficiaries.
There are complaints that a few cybercriminals are using the scheme to mislead the farmers by collecting their bank account numbers and the debit card details to withdraw money from their bank accounts.
The PM Kisan Scheme – An Overview
As per the notification, a small and marginal landholder farm family with total cultivable holding up to two hectares will get a benefit of Rs 18,000 per annum.
The government will provide this amount in three equal installments once in every four months. Once in four months, this amount will be disbursed in three installments.
Here a family means a family of a farmer along with his wife and two children (minor) – here the farmland should not be more than two hectares.
All land records have been digitalised in Karnataka. Government has several benefits to the farmers and beneficiaries’ details will be available in that data. Still one can’t avail this fund based on these documents.
Using all these details state governments prepares a database of eligible beneficiary landholder farmer families in the villages capturing the Name, category (Sc/St), gender, age, Aadhaar number.
In the absence of Aadhaar number applicant can provide Aadhaar enrolment number along with the other valid ID cards issued by the government authorities like, Voter ID card, Driving Licence, NREGA job card, Bank account and the mobile number of the beneficiaries.
The final list will be prepared after comparing lists of beneficiaries in different schemes. Finally, a person who has an income of fewer than two hectares (5 acres) will be added to the list.
This list will be displayed in Farmer Registration and Unified Beneficiary Information System (FRUITS). A unique identity number will be allotted to each farmer.
What Is Self Declaration And Why Is It Needed
The list of shortlisted farmers will be published in every Gram Panchayath. If a farmer is eligible to avail this facility then he should submit a self-declaration in a prescribed format. This declaration can be submitted either through using an electronic medium or can directly handover it to the concerned department.
Self-declaration should include a permission to use Aadhaar number of an applicant and should be submitted as per the Notification –C.
Then again the farmer will be shortlisted to send names to the union government. Farmers who are newly added to the list should submit their self-declaration according to Notification –D.
If shortlisted farmers are ineligible to avail the benefit, then they can submit their self-declaration to remove their name from the list as per notification –E.
In electronic media, self-declaration can be submitted using e-sign. After self-declaration, a lot number will be allotted to the farmers.
The applicant has to provide the following details in the Self Declaration Form
- Name of the applicant
- Aadhar ID
- Mobile number
- Details of land RTC (in case if he applies for a subsidy)
How To Apply For Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi?
Farmers can use government-owned centres like Bapuji Seva Kendra, Raitha Samparka centres, Atal-Ji- Janasnehi centres or other government service centres, offices to submit their applications.
Eligibility Criteria For PM Kisan
- Applicant must be a small and marginal farmer
- Must have cultivatable land upto 2 hectares
- Must have bank account
- Tribals who have right over agricultural land in forest area
Required Documents To Apply For PM Kisan In Karnataka
- Land Holding Documents
- Bank Account
- Aadhaar Card is mandatory after the first instalment.
Who Can’t Be A Beneficiary Of PM Kisan?
- Those who have land more than two hectare
- Member of a farmer family should not be a holder (former or present) of constitutional posts.
- A member of a farmer family should not belong to former or present Ministers/ State ministers, former/present members of Loksabha/Rajyasabha/State Legislative Assemblies/ State Legislative Councils, former and present mayors of Municipal Corporations, former and present chairpersons of district Panchayaths.
- All serving or retired officers and employees of Central/State Government Ministries/Officers/Departments and regular employees of the Local bodies (it is not applicable for Multitasking staff/ Class iv, Group D employees)
- Professionals like doctors, engineers, lawyers, Charted Accountants, and architects registered with professional bodies and carrying out profession by undertaking practices.
- Who had paid the Tax of the previous year
The state will prepare a database of eligible beneficiary from the farmer families in the villages. If farmers have provided wrong self-declaration, then they have to return the fund and necessary legal action will be taken on them.
Commissioner for Agriculture, joint director for agriculture and assistant director for agriculture will implement this scheme in district and taluk level respectively. All these officers have to follow the guidelines given by the union ministry.
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi In Karnataka
In Karnataka, the village accountants are given the task of collecting the self-declaration by all the farmers. In the event of any farmer found a problem in applying for the scheme or making self-declaration, he can contact the office of the village accountant or the tahsildar.
But all the farmers need to be extra careful with the state police registering multiple complaints of phishing in the name of this scheme. According to the authorities, the miscreants are in a prowl.
The farmers are requested not to share any details of their banks or debit card with any unknown persons. If anyone tries to Phish, the farmers can lodge a complaint with the police helpline 100.
Karnataka government has launched several initiatives and schemes for the farming community. These details are can be found here.
The farmers can enroll and get details for the entire welfare scheme by registering their names in this portal. A login id and password required for this.
- How To Avail The Benefit Of Ayushman Bharat Yojana or Arogya Karnataka?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana or PMMVY In Karnataka
- Government Schemes that are A ‘First’In Karnataka
- Welfare Measures by Karnataka Government
- How To Apply For Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- How To Apply For Centrally Sponsored Schemes In Karnataka
- Chief Ministers Self Employment Generation Programme In Karnataka