In Karnataka, the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana or PMAY is implemented in all the cities. It is very useful for urban youths who are planning to buy their first apartment or house.
The project is implemented through the Directorate of Municipal Administration. Let us find out how to apply for PMAY or Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in Karnataka. The application procedure contains details for the dwellers of slums, rural, urban or semi-urban.
Contact Details Of PMAY
- PMAY Office Address: RAAS Housing Finance (India) Limited, 1249, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-110070
- Customer Care Toll-Free: 1800-11-5050
- Phone Number: +91 95997 89921
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.pradhanmantriawasyojna.com
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – An Overview
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana which started with the objective of providing house to all is one of the ambitious schemes of the central government. This has been introduced in 2015 and planning to complete all its initiatives by 2022.
This scheme will provide assistance to different states and Union Territories either through Urban Local Bodies or through other implementing agencies for the implementation of the scheme.
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation launched this scheme with the idea of ensuring that all the families get a roof on their top. In Karnataka also this scheme is implemented. Affordable houses for all by 2022 is the main objective of the Pradhan Mantri Aawas Yojana.
The PMAY programme aims at providing house for women, economically backward groups, SCs and STs. Now it has been also extended to disadvantaged sections like Transgender, Widows, and members of the lower income groups, physically disabled and the urban poor
The house will be constructed in the private participation and affordable housing will be provided to the needy with the help of private partners. Beneficiaries will get credit linked subsidy under this scheme.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana In Karnataka– Key Points
- Economical weaker section with an annual income up to Rs. 3Lakhs can benefit
- A family which comprise husband, wife and unmarried children will be the beneficiaries. This family should not hold a pucca house either in his/her name or in the name of any members of the family.
- While allotting the ground floors under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, preference will be given to the senior and differently able persons.
- The house will include 30 square meter carpet area with basic civic infrastructure.
- The houses must have toilet facility.
- Construction work should meet the national building code and bureau of Indian Standards codes.
- A total 6.5 % interest subsidy on housing loan will be provided for 15 years to the beneficiaries.
- Constructed houses will be in the name of female head of the house hold. Or, should be in the joint name of the male head of the household and his wife.
PMAY In Karnataka– Who Can Benefit?
Generally preferences should be given to Manual Scavengers, Women (with overriding preference to widows), Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes, Minorities, Persons with disabilities and Transgender.
Typically, central Government will release the entire amount to the state government. But according to the norms State Government should release financial assistance to the beneficiaries in instalments.
Depending on the progress of construction of the house, the amount should be released in installments. Beneficiaries can start the construction using their own funds or any other fund.
Government funds will be proportion to the construction. The final installment of the government fund, INR 30,000/- should be released only after completion of the house.
How To Apply For Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana In Karnataka
With the union finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman extending the income tax benefit for the middle class who wants to buy/ build a home, the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is becoming very popular in Karnataka. Here is the step by step application process for slum dwellers and others.
Step 1 – Visit the website http://pmaymis.gov.in/ link to apply for the housing scheme.
Step 2– Click on `Citizen Assessment’ option provided in the page.
Note – Here if applicant is a slum dweller then he has to click on `For Slum dwellers’. If the applicant belongs to rural, urban or semi-urban area then he has to click on second option provided in this list `Benefit under other three components’
Step 3 – Enter valid Aadhar number and your name as mentioned in the Aadhaar card.After entering a valid Aadhaar number you access the application form.
Step 4 – In application form enter your personal details like name, address, details of the family members, mobile number, size of the existing dwelling unit, average annual income.
Step 5 – Provide an valid ID proof like passport, voter ID, pan card, ration card, bank pass book Details of the bank account like name of the bank, branch, account number etc,
Step 6 – Provide the details of the all the household members and their relationship with the head, age, Aadhaar number, other ID number etc.
Note – Applicant should mention whether he is applying for new house or the enhancement of the old house in the application.
Step 7 – After entering all these details applicant has to click on the disclaimer. Then he should enter the captcha code displayed on the screen. Then he has to save the application.
If s/he wants to make any changes then in the same link he can select `edit assessment form’ to make necessary changes. S/he can take a print out also. Through using assessment ID he can track the status his application.
Applying For PMAY In Karnataka – Pointers To Know
If you are applying under `benefit under other three components’ then you should select one component among other three components mentioned in the list.
- Credit linked subsidy Here an applicant will get credit linked subsidy for the loan.
- Affordable housing in partnership – Houses will be constructed under public and private partnership.
- Beneficiary lead construction or enhancement – Amount will be released to construct a house for an applicant in his own land.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana In Karnataka – Eligibility
- Applicant’s family should be economically and socially backward
- Applicants should not own a pucca house either in his/her name or in the name of any member of the family in any part across the Country.
- The beneficiary family will comprise husband, wife and unmarried children.
- Applicants can hold their own land/site.
- An Applicant should not receive a residential facility from any other scheme.
- 0-25,000 per month : any component can be selected
- 25,001-50000 per month: upfront subsidy 6.5% for loans upto Rs 6 lakh.
- 50,001 to 100,000 per month – Interest subsidy @ 4 percent on home loans upto Rs 9 lakh
- iv. 1,00,001-1,50,000 per month – 3 percent on home loans up to Rs 12 lakh
- How To Apply For A Housing Scheme In Karnataka
- How To Avail The Benefit Of Ayushman Bharat Yojana or Arogya Karnataka?
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Or PM Kisan In Karnataka
- Siddaramaiah’s Govt in Karnataka During 2013-18 – Government Schemes that are A ‘First’
- Welfare Measures by Karnataka Government