There are many centrally sponsored schemes in Karnataka including Kishori Shakthi Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Jeevn Jyothi Bima Yojana, and Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bhima Yojana. Here is everything you must know about centrally sponsored schemes in Karnataka., one of the
Centrally Sponsored Schemes In Karnataka – Kishori Shakthi Yojana
Kishori Shakthi Yojana empowers adolescent girls. This scheme aims at improving the nutritional, health and development status of adolescent girls, promoting awareness of health hygiene, nutrition and the importance of care from the family, this helps them to go back to school, help them to pursue life skills and in total help them to become a productive member of the society.
- This scheme will concentrate on adolescent girls (11-18 years).
- This scheme provides training for 11 to 18 years of age and encourages them to actively contribute to the health and development of their family and community.
A group of 20 adolescent girls will be formed in each Anganawadi centre. This group will consist of schoolgirls, students and category of girls not going to school for any reason. One girl will be selected as Master trainer and she will be called as `Sakhi’. This master trainer will impart training to other girls.
Anganawadi centre will organise Kishori Diwas to give professional education to the interested adolescent girls. If girls are interested in getting professional education, bakery, computer, beautician course and other training.
Centrally Sponsored Schemes In Karnataka – Pradhan Mantri Jeevn Jyothi Bima Yojana
Pradhan MANTRI Jeevan Jyothi Bima Yojana, Pradhan Matri Suraksha Bhima Yojana, and Atal Pension Yojana are the three ambitious social security schemes of the government. It mainly focuses on the poor and underprivileged.
Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyothi Bima Yojana is a one year life insurance scheme, which can be renewed every year. This scheme offers coverage for death due to any reason and is available to people in the age group of 18 to 50 years. The risk cover on the lives of the enrolled persons has commenced from 1st June 2015.
Under this scheme life cover of Rs 2 lakhs is available for a one year period stretching from 21st June to 31st May at a premium of Rs 330-/per annum per member and it is renewable every year. LIC or other Indian private Life insurance companies will offer this scheme.
No benefits will be paid under the following circumstances
- Beyond the age of 50
- In case of insufficiency of balance to keep the insurance in force
- A person can hold only one Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyothi Yojana with one insurance company with one bank account only
- At any point, individuals can exit from the scheme and can rejoin the same in the future after paying the annual premium and submitting a self-declaration of good health. It is even applicable for the eligible person who joins the scheme
- To claim the insurance nominees or heirs of the insured persons have to contact the respective bank branch where insured person has his account. Nominees have to submit the death certificate and simple claim form to transfer the amount to their account
- Premium: Rs 330/ annum/per member
- Subscriber: Rs 2 lakh after death due to any cause
Those who have applied for the scheme after 10th June 2016 won’t get insurance benefit for death due to any cause other than an accident. After 45 days from the date of enrolment into the scheme, they will become eligible to claim the insurance. But death due to the accidental cause will be covered from day one of insurance coverage.
The above rule applies to the individuals who exit the scheme and rejoin the same in future years.
NRI who has an eligible bank account with a bank branch located in India is eligible to purchase this insurance.
This is a term insurance policy and it covers only mortality with no investment component. The pricing is low when compared to other insurance policies and thus there is no provision for maturity benefits and others. As it is designed for weaker sections of the society, the premium is very low and it won’t concentrate on the investment component.
Centrally Sponsored Schemes In Karnataka – Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bhima Yojana
This scheme covers Personal Accident Insurance as well as offers protection against death or disability due to an accident.
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bhima Yojana – benefits
Sum insured for INR 2 lakh for:
- Loss of use of both hands or one hand or foot and feet and total and irrecoverable loss of both eyes or loss of sight of one eye
- loss of use of one hand or foot or total and irrecoverable loss of sight of one eye
Premium And eligibility
- Premium amount, per annum per member: INR 12
- Eligibility – Age 18-70
- Must be a bank account holder
In the case of vehicular accidents then the incident should be reported to the police. In case of incidents like a snake bite, fall from the tree as such then it should be supported by hospital records.
No benefits will be payable if a person suffers from a partial disability like irrecoverable loss of sight of one eye or loss of use of one hand or foot.
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana or PMMVY In Karnataka
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Or PM Kisan In Karnataka
- How To Apply For Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- How To Avail The Benefit Of Ayushman Bharat Yojana or Arogya Karnataka?
- Welfare Measures by Karnataka Government
- Government Schemes that are A ‘First’In Karnataka
- Chief Ministers Self Employment Generation Programme In Karnataka
- Atal Pension Yojana – Pension Scheme For Workers In the Unorganized Sector