Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana or PMMVY is a maternity benefit scheme meant for all Pregnant Women (PW) and Lactating Mothers (LM). But it will not be applicable for Central and State government employees and employees of public sector undertaking.
Matru Vandana Yojana Website: https://wcd.nic.in/schemes/pradhan-mantri-matru-vandana-yojana
Read: Karnataka Janasevaka Scheme
Objectives Of Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana
- This scheme provides partial compensation for the wage loss in terms of cash incentives so that the women can take adequate rest before and after delivery of the first living child
- By providing cash incentives the government tries to improve health-seeking behaviour among the pregnant women and lactating mothers
- This scheme has been implemented in all districts of the country
- INR 5,000 will be paid in three instalments for the first live child
PMMVY –Who Can Apply And Documents Needed
All eligible beneficiaries will receive payment through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to their individual bank or post office accounts.
|Installment||Conditions||Documents||Amount In INR|
|First installment/||Pregnant women should register her pregnancy along with required documents.||Application Form 1-A|
Mother and Child Protection (MCP) card
Bank/Post office Account passbook.
|Second Installment |
(After six months)
|At least one Ante Natal check up|
Can be claimed post 180 days of pregnancy
|Application Form 1-B|
(After the birth of a child)
|Child birth should be registered|
Child should receive first cycle of immunizations of BCG, OPV, DPT and Hepatatis B.
|Application Form 1-C|
PMMVY – How To Avail The Benefit?
Till now no online application facility launched for this scheme. But registration can be done at Anganawadi or with ASHA workers or ANM in every village. They will provide an acknowledgement of receipt of applications forms.
The beneficiary has to register her pregnancy at the approved health facility within 150 days of LMP. Beneficiary has to register LMP in the MCP card. So she can apply for Matruvandana at Anganwadi centre or to ASHA/ANM within 730 days from the date of LMP.
Beneficiary undergoing ANC and delivery in private hospital can’t avail this benefit. Only government hospitals have the authority to register/update the MCP card.
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Or PM Kisan In Karnataka
- How To Apply For Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- How To Avail The Benefit Of Ayushman Bharat Yojana or Arogya Karnataka?
- Welfare Measures by Karnataka Government
- How To Apply For Centrally Sponsored Schemes In Karnataka
- Government Schemes that are A ‘First’In Karnataka
- Chief Ministers Self Employment Generation Programme In Karnataka