We are presenting few points from the notification issued by BBMP regarding Payment of Property Tax for the year 2017-18.
Pay your BBMP property taxes before May 30 and get a 5% discount on your property tax. Did you know only 20% of Bangaloreans pay their property taxes?
1. The financial year for 2017-18 commences from April 1, 2017
2. Mode of payment: Online, cash, cheque, demand draft.
3. 5% rebate can be availed if the entire BBMP Property Taxes for the current year is paid before 30.05.2017. If the property tax (for 1st half year) is not paid before April 30, 2017 an interest at the rate of 2% per month will be charged thereafter.
4. Property Tax can be paid in two installments, the 1st installment will be interest free if it is paid within May 30, 2017 the 2nd installment will be interest free if it is paid within November 30, 2017.
5. Property owners who possess Khata or PID Number can pay the Property Tax for 2014-15 through Cheque/DD/Pay Order or using Credit/debit card at the Office of the Assistant Revenue Officer or at BBMP Help Centres.
6. Tax payers who have submitted declarations for the year 2008-09, can pay the property taxes online using Credit/debit card on BBMP website. This link takes you directly to the property tax page. No service charge for credit card & debit card usage.
7. The property owners who do not possess any Khata can also pay the property tax at the Office of the Assistant Revenue Officer or at BBMP Help Centres, using separate forms/returns.
8. Property owners in unauthorised revenue layouts / apartments owners in buildings without Occupancy Certificate/Ownership or Title Deeds, can also pay Property Tax under the Self Assessment Scheme. Such properties can be registered in B Register at the Office of the Assistant Revenue Officer until they are regularized.
9. If the Property Tax amount (including Solid Waste Management Cess) is less than Rs. 1,000/-, then the tax can be paid in cash at the Office of the Assistant Revenue Officer or at BBMP Help Centres.
10. The necessary Self Assessment Property Tax applications/return form for 2014-15 and Solid Waste Management Cess application forms are available at the Office of the Assistant Revenue Officer and the BBMP Help Centres. Cost of application/return form is Rs. 5/-.
11. Solid Waste Management cess, can be calculated at yearly or half yearly, rates proportionately and must be paid along with Property Tax.
12. BBMP has already issued tax assessment special notices to the property owners who have not paid tax from 2008-09 to 2012-13. The outstanding tax amount according to the notices should be paid first only after which the tax for 2012-13 will be accepted, at the Assistant Revenue Officers.
13. Keep your BESCOM & BWSSB connection R.R. Numbers (Meter Number) handy to fill in the online form.
Paying Bangalore Property Tax Online
BBMP now offers tax payers to pay property tax online for the year 2016-17, if 2015-16 details are available online. There are no transaction charges for the credit card users (we recommend you use Corporation Bank as the payment gateway).
Paying Bangalore Property Tax at Banks
List of banks and their branches enabled for payment of property tax over the counter
- Canara Bank
Which BBMP Property Tax To Fill?
There are two forms to pay your Bangalore property tax – Form IV and
- Form-IV (White form) should be filed by those property owners where there is no change either in the extent of built up area, usage (residential to non-residential or vice versa) or its occupancy (owner occupied to tenanted or vice-versa), or category from the Return filed in the previous year.
- Form-V (Blue form) should be filed by those property owners who have made changes either in the extent of built up area, usage (residential to non-residential or vice versa) or its occupancy (owner occupied to tenanted or vice-versa), or change in category or vacant land to new completed construction from the Return filed in the previous year.
For more Information Contact Zonal Office Numbers
|Sl No||Zone||Office Number||Control Room Number|
|1||AC/JC/DC (Yelahanka)||2297 5935 / 2297 5949||2363 6671 / 2297 5936|
|2||AC/JC/DC (Mahadevapura)||2851 1166 / 2851 2229||2851 2300 / 2851 2301|
|3||AC/JC/DC (Dasarahalli)||2297 5901 / 2297 5902||2839 4909 / 2839 3688|
|4||AC/JC/DC (Rajarajeshwari Nagar)||2860 4652 / 2860 3827||2860 0954 / 2860 1851|
|5||AC/JC/DC (Bommanahalli)||2573 2628 / 2573 5608||2573 2247 / 2573 5642|
|6||AC/JC/DC (West)||2297 5601 / 2346 4648||2356 1692 / 2346 3366|
|7||AC/JC/DC (South)||2297 5701 / 2297 5731||2656 6362|
|8||AC/JC/DC (East)||2297 5801 / 2559 5239||2297 5803|
Timings for payment of Property Tax 9.00 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. and 3.00 p.m. to 7.00 p.m.
Property Tax can be paid in the BBMP Help centres and BangaloreOne centres. You can call BBMP on their helpline at 080-2266-0000.
- In Kannada: ಬಿಬಿಎಂಪಿ ಆಸ್ತಿ ತೆರಿಗೆ ಪಾವತಿ ಮಾಡುವುದು ಹೇಗೆ?
- Must Visit: Personal Finance in India
- How to plan for taxes for income from house property?
- Buy, sell properties in Bangalore
- About Karnataka Government