The main aim of Yuva Yuga Scheme is to empower the youth with an employment opportunity. This scheme will be implemented in every district across the state.
Yuva Yuga Scheme – Objective
The objective of this scheme is to encourage and promote the skill development of the youth of Karnataka through various schemes of GoI/GoK and develop an industry-ready skilled workforce in electronics, life science, banking and financial investments, telecom, media and entertainment skills and other such sectors.
A candidate has to complete his formal education to register his name to this training. This training aims at enhancing technical skills among the youth. The Government wants to attract foreign investment towards the state. Thus the government is emphasising on development of skill, infrastructure and economical conditions.
Yuva Yuga Scheme Making A Difference
Karnataka has 4.19 crore working population and it is a major resource the state has within its hand. In order to eradicate unemployment government is concentrating on production, service and foreign jobs. Thus government aims at imparting training to the youth and through this tries to create demand for them in foreign employment.
Thus training aims at imparting training on advanced technology. It can also help an individual to become an entrepreneur. Here course has been modified as per industry needs. Industries will design the course module.
The industrial visit will be very helpful for students who pursue industrial training. Getting hands-on training in industries it is very important. Technologies are kept on changing from day to day and students face difficulties while using updated instruments.
Thus in association with MSME industrial units, practical training and In-plant training has been arranged to the trainees enhance their entrepreneur skills. Skills and knowledge will give an immense contribution to the economic and social development of any country.
Under Yuva Yuga programme the in every district association of industries, other government departments and district administration can organise a career guidance programme for the youth. They can address on locally available employments, details about self-employment and free training course etc.
Yuva Yuga Scheme – At A Glance
Karnataka occupational training and skill Development Corporation will implement Yuva Yuga scheme across the state. It is an industry-led programme to promote skill development among youth in Karnataka.
- Under the Yuva Yuga scheme, the government provides training to following skills
- Electronics System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM)
- Information Technology Enabled Services (ITeS)
- Telecom and Animation Visual effects Gaming and Comics (AVGC)
- Karnataka IT ministry’s scheme is successfully shaping careers of the youth of Karnataka
- As per government documents
- So far 38,136 candidates were trained under this scheme.
- 9,000 are undergoing training
- 420 training centres
Yuva Yuga Scheme Eligibility
- Candidates should be between 18-35 years
- Unemployed, candidates who have discontinued their studies can apply for this training.
- Even experienced can also apply for this scheme to enhance their skills.
- KEONICS and ICTSDS are implementing agencies of this new scheme Yuva Yuga.
Government of Karnataka has deployed eKaushal to administer and supervise skill activities. eKaushal links trained youth with hiring companies and ensure need-based training.
After registering their name in eKaushal portal students can view the available courses and select the course of their preference.
Yuva Yuga has a Cognitive Counsellor, a new age Chatbox. This chatbox helps a student to find the right course in the nearest training centre.
Aim of this scheme is to enhance skill development and entrepreneur quality in Self Help Groups. This scheme encourages taking up self-employment to increase their income.
Kayaka Yojane loan will be given Self Help Groups at zero interest rate. Under this scheme, a maximum of Rs 10 lakh loan will be given to SHG on cluster model or individually.
Under this scheme, zero interest rate will be charged for loan up to Rs 5 lakh and 4% interest will be charged for a loan between Rs 5 lakh to 10 lakh.
- How To Apply For Centrally Sponsored Schemes In Karnataka
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana or PMMVY In Karnataka
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Or PM Kisan In Karnataka
- How To Apply For Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- How To Avail The Benefit Of Ayushman Bharat Yojana or Arogya Karnataka?
- Welfare Measures by Karnataka Government
- Government Schemes that are A ‘First’In Karnataka
- Chief Ministers Self Employment Generation Programme In Karnataka
- Unemployment Rates In Karnataka – The Lowest In India