The GSSS Institute of Engineering and Technology for Women is the first exclusive women’s engineering college in Karnataka. The institute is located on the Krishna Raja Sagar Road in Mysore. It is a private institution for technical studies and is affiliated to Visveswaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum. The institute is approved by the Government of Karnataka and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
The institute was established in the year 2003 under a non-profit organization called Geetha Shishu Shikshana Sangha (R) that provides infrastructural facilities and services for the cause of education.
The institute lays emphasis on providing value based education in the technical field. It guides students to become globally competent technocrats. It has highly qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty members. The institute provides opportunities for the overall development of the students through a number of cultural activities and sports.
As the institute is located at a distance of just 6 km from the railway station and 7 km from the central bus stand of Mysore, it is easy to reach from any part of the city.
The GSSS Institute of Engineering and Technology for Women has a sprawling campus spread across 14 acres of land. The institute is housed inside a huge building designed as per the international standards. The building consists of 4 floors covering a total built up area of more than 200000 sq ft. The campus has a library, a computer centre, a placement and training cell and an industry-institution interaction centre. There are three hostel blocks inside the campus that provide safe and secure living environment for the inmates.
The eligibility criteria for admission into the GSSS Institute of Engineering and Technology for Women are as follows:
- The candidate must have passed the 10+2 or Pre-University or Xll standard or equivalent examinations held preceding the entrance test with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects: Chemistry, biology, Bio-Technology and has secured at least fifty percent (50%) of the aggregate marks in optional subjects with English as one of the language.
- For the students from the state of Karnataka and belonging to the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Other Backward Classes, the minimum marks for the purpose of eligibility is forty five percent (45%) of aggregate in optional subjects.
The GSSS Institute of Engineering and Technology for Women offers the following under graduate and post graduate courses:
Under Graduate Courses
- B.E. in Electronics & Communication Engineering
- B.E. in Computer Science & Engineering
- B.E. in Information Science & Engineering
- B.E. in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- B.E. in Instrumentation Technology
- B.E. in Telecommunication Engineering
Post Graduate Courses
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) (Co-Education on Separate Campus)
- M. Tech in Digital Communications & Networking
- M. Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
Infrastructure and Facilities
The GSSS Institute of Engineering and Technology for Women provides excellent facilities for the students. Among the long list of facilities provided by the institute are:
- Spacious and airy classrooms
- Edusat Facility
- Computer Centre
- Internet facility throughout the campus
- High-tech laboratories
- Well stocked library
- Digital library
- Meditation Hall
- Large Playground
- Sports facilities for outdoor games like Cricket, Badminton, Tennis, Volley Ball, Throw Ball, etc.
- Facilities for indoor games such as such as chess, carom table tennis, etc.
- Sports trainers
- Multi Gym
- Large girl’s hostel with well-furnished spacious rooms having attached bath
- Kitchen with steam cooking facilities
- Hygienic vegetarian food for the hostel inmates
- Solar water heater
- Medical care
- Canteen and Coffee bar
- 24 x 7 power supply
- 24 x 7 security
- 13 College buses for the transportation of students from various corners of Mysore
Placement & Training Cell
There is a placement and training cell of the institute that trains students to face interviews. The placement cell invites various multinational companies for recruitment from among the students.
Some of the top recruiters of the institute include Infosys, IBM, SAP, Wipro, IGate, Tech Mahindra, Oracle, Syntel, etc.
GSSS Institute of Engineering & Technology for Women
KRS Road, Metagalli,
Mysore – 57 016
Phone: +91 821 425 7304 / 05 / 06
Fax: +91 821 2581305