Ballari Institute of Technology & Management (BITM) was established in the year 1997 under the management of Tungabhadra Education Health & Rural Development Trust (T.E.H.R.D. Trust). The institute is located in Bellary in Karnataka. It is affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum. It is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. The institute has been accredited by NBA and has been conferred ISO 9001:2008 certification.
The institute was established with the objective to provide global standard education and create opportunities for the youth of the country to shine in the fields of Engineering & Technology and Management. The institute has highly proficient and devoted faculty members who shoulder the responsibility of shaping the outlook of the students in a broad and intellectual manner. The institute provides a challenging atmosphere where students can prepare themselves for meeting futuristic goals with confidence.
Campus of Ballari Institute of Technology & Management
The institute has a campus that stands on 11 acres of land. Surrounded by greenery, the eco-friendly campus has excellent facilities for smooth conduct of teaching and learning sessions. The grand structure of the institute’s building is complimented by large open spaces and playgrounds. Combined with unmatched infrastructure the campus provides the perfect environment for carrying out academic pursuits.
Eligibility Criteria and Admission
To be eligible for admission into the undergraduate (B.E.) course in the institute a candidate must have passed the Karnataka 2nd PUC / 12th Std / 10+2 / Intermediate or other equivalent exam with Physics & Mathematics along with Chemistry / Computer Science / Biology and any other optional subject with English as one of the languages of study and should have obtained a minimum of 45% marks.
For candidates belonging to the reserved categories of SC/ST & other backward classes, the minimum percentage of marks required for eligibility is 40% (for students belonging to Karnataka only) in aggregate in the optional subjects in the qualifying examination, irrespective of the marks obtained in the Common Entrance Test / COMED K / AIEEE.
Ballari Institute of Technology & Management offers under graduate programs (B.E. degrees) in five disciplines and post graduate programs in five disciplines. The courses offered by the institute are:
Under Graduate Courses
- B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.E. in Computer Science Engineering
- B.E. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering
- B.E. in Information Science & Engineering
Post Graduate Courses
- Master in Business Administration (MBA)
- Master in Computer Applications (MCA)
- M. Tech in VLSI & Embedded Systems
- M. Tech in Computer Network Engineering
- M. Tech in Digital Electronics
Infrastructure and Facilities
Ballari Institute of Technology & Management provides infrastructural facilities that are a class apart. The major facilities at the institute include the following:
- Large and well-stocked central library that boasts of 64479 volumes and 9790 titles of books, 86 national journals, 65 international journals, etc.
- Spacious, well ventilated and fully furnished classrooms
- State of the art laboratories that are equipped with the latest instruments and tools
- Large canteen that provides healthy and hygienic food
- Sports and recreational facilities that includes amenities for outdoor games such as cricket, football, tennis, volley ball, basket ball, etc.
- Well equipped Gymnasium
- Separate hostel facilities for boys and girls with each hostel providing all the necessary amenities for a secured and comfortable stay
- Convenient transportation facilities through a fleet of 12 buses provided by the institute
Training and Placement Cell
The training and placement cell of Ballari Institute of Technology & Management provides complete support and training for the placement of the students in prestigious organizations across the country. The cell provides training that covers various aspects like soft skills, personality development, interview training, etc. The cell also conducts workshops, career guidance programs and Industry Institution Interactions to enhance the awareness of the students and to prepare them for placement challenges.
The placement cell invites various reputed organizations and companies to conduct campus placement interviews. Some of the recruiters of the institute are industry giants such as HCL Technologies, Infosys Ltd., L&T Infotech, Siemens, Tech Mahindra, JSW Steels, Reliance, Cognizant Technologies Ltd., ITC Ltd., among several others.
The institute offers several scholarships and awards to the deserving candidates based on their performance. Among the scholarships awarded by the institute are:
- Scholarship for students belonging to the reserved categories of SC/ST and whose parents have an income of less than Rs 100,000/-
- Fee concession for students belonging to the reserved categories of SC/ST and whose parents have an income of more than Rs 100,000/-
- Fee concession for students belonging to Category – 1.
- Scholarship by Jindal Trust, Bangalore, for students scoring above 60% and belonging to Category – 2A, 3A & 3B whose parents have an income of less than Rs 1.40 lakhs
- Loan by Karnataka Minority Development for students scoring above 60% and belonging to Category – 2A, 3A & 3B whose parents have an income of below Rs 1.40 lakhs
- Scholarship by Govt. of India, Ministry of Labour, Central Hospital for Mine Workers, Kariganur, Hospet, for candidates scoring above 60% and belonging to Category – 2A, 3A & 3B and whose parents have an income of below Rs 140,000/-
Ballari Institute of Technology & Management
Jnana Gangothri Campus
Bellary – Hospet Road,
Bellary – 583104
- List of Engineering colleges in Karnataka
- About Engineering in Karnataka
- About Education in Karnataka
- About Bellary