Established in the year 1983, AMC Engineering College is one of the leading institutions of engineering education in the state of Karnataka. It was set up under Paramahamsa Foundation Trust (PFT). The private co-educational engineering college is located on the Bannerghatta National Park Road in Bangalore, Karnataka.
The college is affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technical University (VTU), Belgaum. It is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
The college lays emphasis on imparting high quality of education and aims to produce outstanding professionals in the technical field. The fleet of highly qualified faculty members of the college groom the students and help them to achieve academic success.
The campus of AMC Engineering College is spread across 52 acres of land. The 7 storey high college building is designed in a unique style and has a grand appearance. Situated in a serene location, the campus provides an ideal environment required for academic pursuits. Although the college stands at some distance from the main city, it is easily accessible through a number of public buses that have a stoppage right in front of the gate of the college.
Eligibility Criteria and Admission
To be eligible for admission to the under graduate programs in the AMC Engineering College, a candidate must have passed the 2nd PUC or 10 + 2 higher secondary or an equivalent qualifying examination recognized by the State/Central government. The candidate must have a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics and must have passed each of these subjects individually. The candidate must also have passed in English as one of the language of study.
Admission is possible exclusively through the CET or COMED-K examinations.
AMC Engineering College offers under graduate programs leading to Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) degrees in six disciplines and post graduate programs in eight disciplines. The courses offered by the institute are:
Under Graduate Courses
- B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.E. in Computer Science and Engineering
- B.E. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering
- B.E. in Information Science & Engineering
Post Graduate Courses
- MBA (Master in Business Administration) in Marketing, Finance, HR and Systems
- MCA (Master in Computer Applications)
- M. Tech in Machine Design
- M. Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
- M. Tech in Software Engineering
- M. Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering
- M. Tech in Computer Network Engineering
- M. Tech in Information Technology
Infrastructure and Facilities
AMC Engineering College provides the best of facilities required for imparting high quality technical education. Among the facilities offered by the institute are:
- Huge air-conditioned seminar room having the capacity to accommodate 400 people and equipped with the latest technical aids for delivering high quality presentations and lectures
- Conference halls having facilities to conduct national and international conferences
- Central library with a stock of more than 45000 volumes, over 11500 titles of text and reference books, more than 270 international and 70 national journals, 2204 CD-ROMS and 1146 project reports
- Internet center with computers having 5 Mbps dedicated internet connectivity
- Wi-Fi enabled campus
- Large indoor gymnasium
- ATM facility within the campus
- Dispensary for immediate medical help within the campus
- Well maintained grounds for outdoor sports like cricket, football, volleyball, hockey, kho-kho, handball, throw ball, etc.
- Dedicated spaces for indoor games and sports such as table tennis, weight lifting, badminton, power lifting, carom and chess
- Multi cuisine vegetarian restaurant
- Cafeteria for snacks and beverages
- 24 x 7 Secured environment managed by a large team of professionally trained security personnel patrolling and guarding the campus
- Hostel for boys with accommodation capacity of 300 students in a safe and hygienic environment and having facility for healthy food
- Exclusive bus services for the transportation facility of students and faculty members
Training and Placement Cell
The training and placement cell of the college is a highly active unit that inputs maximum effort for the placement of the students in reputed organizations across the country. The training cell conducts various activities like mock interviews and group discussions, written tests and counselling sessions to groom the students and boost their confidence to face interview boards. The training cell also works on the soft skills and other qualities of the students and prepares them for placement interviews.
Some of the renowned recruiters of the college are Infosys, Tech Mahindra, TCS and Bosch.