NIE Institute of Technology is a reputed institution imparting quality education in the field of engineering. It is located in the heritage city of Mysore, standing at a distance of around 12 km from the city railway station. This co-educational institution was established in the year 2008.
The institute is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum. It is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. The institute is managed by NIE Foundation (R), Mysore.
The institute was established to provide first-rate technical education in order to produce quality professionals in the technical field. Apart from education, the institute lays stress on the all round development of the students. It encourages sports and extracurricular activities within the campus.
The institute takes pride in its team of highly qualified and experienced faculty members who are committed to guiding the students towards a bright future.
NIE Institute of Technology has a large and scenic campus that covers an area of 25 acres. The lush campus contains two blocks – an administrative block and an academic block. It also has a number of spacious and well-equipped laboratories and a large central library.
Eligibility Criteria and Admission
Admission to the institute is as per VTU Notification for Academic Eligibility for Admission. Students have to sit for CET or COMED-K to be eligible for admission.
NIE Institute of Technology offers under graduate courses leading to Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) Degree in the various disciplines of engineering, as per VTU Regulations approved by AICTE, New Delhi.
Infrastructure and Facilities
The institute offers excellent infrastructural facilities to create an atmosphere of learning for the students. Some of the facilities available at the institute are:
- Spacious and well ventilated classrooms
- Seminar Hall
- Computer Centre with dedicated 40 systems on LAN
- Well-equipped laboratories
- Machine Shop
- Huge library with a rich collection of text books, reference books and educational CDs
- Digital library which is a member of DELNET
- Language Lab for soft skill training sessions
- Activity Centre for social, cultural, art and literary events
- Medical aid facilities
- Separate hostels for accommodation of boys and girls
- Solar water heaters in hostels for 24 x 7 hot water supply
- Television set and indoor games facilities provided in the hostels for recreation of inmates
- ATM facility within the campus
- Transport facility
Training & Placement Cell
The training and placement cell of NIE Institute of Technology is an organized centre. It acts as the link between the various companies and the students of the institute. The cell is equipped with infrastructural facilities like internet connectivity, seminar halls for pre-placement talks, etc. The cell trains students in various soft skills and mental skills and prepares them to face interviews with confidence.
NIE Institute of Technology
No 50 (Part), Koorgalli Village,
Hootagalli Industrial Area,
(Next to BEML)
Mysore – 570018
Phone: +91 821 2403 734
Fax: +91 821 2403 732
- Engineering colleges in Mysore
- About Engineering in Karnataka
- About Education in Karnataka
- About Mysore