Prabuddha Overseas Scholarship scheme by Social welfare department of GoK (Government of Karnataka) aims at providing financial assistance to the students from the SC/ST communities who are interested in pursuing higher education in foreign universities.
Prabuddha Overseas Scholarship Scheme’s financial assistance is available to pursue Graduation, Post Graduation and PhD in Foreign universities /Institutions for the following specified fields of study.
- Engineering and Management
- Pure Sciences and applied sciences
- Agriculture sciences and medicine
- International Commerce, Economics, Accounting Finance
- Humanities, Social science, fine arts and law
Read: Top Karnataka Government Scholarship Program
- Women 33%
- PH (Physical Handicap)Candidates 5%
In the absence of the adequate number of women candidates and PH Candidates, other candidates can be selected in their place. Priority will be given to identified nomadic/semi-nomadic micro-communities, children of SafayiKarmachari and ST primitive tribes among SC and ST.
Prabuddha Overseas Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
- For PhD: 55% marks or equivalent grade in relevant qualifying master’s degree.
- For Masters Degree: 55% marks or equivalent grade in relevant qualifying Bachelor’s degree exams.
- For Bachelor Degree (UG): 80% marks or equivalent grade in relevant qualifying exams (PUC/12th classes). First preference will be given to the students those who have completed their studies in Social Welfare Department Hostels / Karnataka Residential Educational Institutions Society hostels and students of government colleges. If the required number of applications are not received from the students studied in these institutions, then the opportunity will be given to other students.
The candidates should pass GRE/GMAT/TOEFL/IELTS exams with minimum score marks (as mentioned below) before applying for the overseas scholarship.
For engineering and other courses
GRE-295 out of 340 and TOEFL-80 out of 120 marks or IELTS-06 out of 09 marks.
GMAT-400 out of 800 and TOEFL-80 out of 120 marks or IELTS-06 out of 09 marks.
Engineering and all other courses: GRE-295 out of 340 and TOEFL-80 out of 120 marks or IELTS-06 out of 09 marks.
Management: GMAT-400 out of 800 and TOEFL-80 out of 120 marks or IELTS-06 out of 09 marks.
For UG courses the UG study is allowed in all the field of study except medicine.
The candidates should also clear SAT/ TOEFL/ IELTS with minimum marks/ score as follows.
SAT-1000 out of 1600 and IELTS- 06 out of 09 marks or TOEFL- 80 out of 120 marks.
Age Limit To Apply For Prabuddha Overseas Scholarship
- PhD and PG Course – 35 years
- UG – 21 years
To apply for all these courses the candidate shall be a citizen of India and permanent resident of Karnataka.
Number Of Seats Available Per Year
- PhD (Depends upon the
Income Limits To Avail Prabuddha Overseas Scholarships Scheme
|Annual Income Limit||Financial Assistance Eligibility|
|Up to Rs 8.00 lakhs||100%|
|Rs 8 to 15 lakhs||50%|
|Rs 15 to Rs 25 lakhs||33%|
Prabuddha Overseas Scholarships- General Conditions
- Candidates parents/spouse/guardian should enclose their salary details certified by the employer along with two years of income tax returns.
- Only two children belong to the same parents are eligible under this scheme.
- Only once a candidate will avail this Oversees scholarship. Hence he should think either to apply for this scholarship to pursue PhD or Masters or UG education.
- The scholarship holders can not be considered for any other scholarship for overseas studies from the GOK, GOI and other government organisations and agency.
- An annual maintenance allowance for accommodation and food will be sanctioned for each candidate.INR eight lakhs or 75% of the approximate cost given by the universities will be paid for the students.
- Same amount will be disbursed to the students for each year till the completion of the course.
Along with these, the candidate is also eligible to get
- Medical Insurance- actual as charged.
- For books and other miscellaneous allowance-Rs 1 lakhs per year
- Visa Fees-actual as fees in Indian rupees will be paid.
- Air Passage
- Air passage from India to the nearest place of the education institution abroad and back to India, by economic class, will be provided.
- For the return journey, air ticket cost will be reimbursed only after the completion of the course.
Mode Of Payment
Financial assistance will be provided to the candidate only after the admission of the candidate. After the submission of relevant documents such as payment receipt, VISA, passport, hostel/ rental details, and overseas bank account of the candidate and of the university institution amount will be sanctioned to the candidates.
The selected candidate is required to execute a bond on a non-judicial stamp paper before a notary public with two securities who will execute surety bonds separately for the actual amount to be spent by Government of Karnataka on the candidate of Rs 50,000 whichever is more.
- The selected candidates have to seek admission in institutions notified by the government.
- In case of emergency, the only candidate is permitted to return to India and he should inform this to the concerned authorities. Candidate has to bear the journey expenses for their visit and he will not be entitled to receive maintenance allowance under the scheme during this period. He will become eligible after resuming the course.
- It is the candidate’s responsibility to obtain the appropriate visa for a country where he/she wish to pursue the studies.
- The candidates are not supposed to change the course and he can’t study apply for the same course which he has already pursued either aboard or in India.
- How To Get Educational Loans And Scholarships In Karnataka?
- How To Apply For A Free Seat Under The Right To Education (RTE) In Karnataka
- NIRF National Ranking 2019 – List Of Institutes Offering Quality Education In Karnataka
- Read Textbooks Online In Karnataka By Scanning The QR Code
- National Talent Search Scheme – How To Avail The Scholarship?