Want to know about some of the Karnataka government scholarship programs? Are you eligible for scholarship programs offered by the Karnataka government? Let’s find out
Scholarships are considered as the lifeline for economically and socially backward, meritorious students. Every year, many government departments and corporations distribute scholarships under various heads. Here is the list of few popular scholarship programs offered by various government agencies.
Besides the scholarships listed here, urban local bodies including BBMP and various boards and corporations under the government of Karnataka are also offering various scholarships to the students.
Karnataka Government Scholarship Program For Brahmin Students – Saandeepani Shishya Vethana Scheme
This scholarship scheme is launched by the newly formed Karnataka State Brahmin Development Board (KSBDB). This amount is meant to help financially backward Brahmin students with the expenses incurred to pursue education:
- Expense for textbooks,
- Payment for study equipment including electronic equipment
- Hostel fees
- Transportation and clothing expenses.
According to the government guidelines, students from families whose annual gross income is less than Rs.8 lakhs are eligible for this scholarship. EWS certificate and Brahmin caste certificate should be affixed along with the application.
Students studying in all the government and university-recognized courses after SSLC are eligible for financial assistance under this scheme. 33% of the beneficiaries will be girl students while 5% of the scholarships will be reserved for the physically disabled. Orphan and single parents will be given preference.
Documents Required For Saandeepani Shishya Vethana Scheme
- EWS Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- SSLC/10th Class Marks Card
- PUC Registration Number for first year degree courses.
- Marks Card of last year’s studies. (Eg: For 3rd year BSc student, his/her second year BSc marks card)
- Fee payment receipt for Fee Reimbursement
- Study certificate attested by institute principal
- Unique Disability card for Specially abled students
Karnataka Government Scholarship Program For Farmer’s Children
In August Karnataka government introduced a scholarship program for students from farmers’ families. This scheme was announced in the 2021-22 state budget by the then CM BS Yediyurappa.
Under this scheme, students who clear SSLC/ Class X examination and join various courses will be paid an annual scholarship. The unique feature of this scholarship is that at all the stages, female and other category students will get Rs.500 extra compared to the scholarship amount fixed for the male students.
The Scholarship Amount
The scholarship amounts start with Rs.2,500 for the PUC, ITI, diploma while the highest scholarship of Rs.10,000 is fixed for BE, BTech, and MBBS students. More details about this scholarship is available here
Karnataka Government Scholarship Program – Department Wise Scholarships
The Karnataka government has developed a dedicated website to manage various scholarship schemes. The details of all the scholarship schemes, eligibility, mode of applying etc., are provided here. The students can click here to get details.
Presently many departments are offering different scholarships. Here are the details
Scholarships By Social Welfare Department
Post metric scholarship for SC students: Financial assistance to the SC students to pursue higher education in foreign universities up to 8 lakhs fee (50% of the fee if the course fee is between Rs. 8lakhs and 15 lakhs).
ST Welfare Department: post metric scholarship for students from Scheduled Tribe category.
Scholarships By Backward Classes Welfare Department
Vidyasiri-Food and Accommodation Scholarship Scheme
- A monthly stipend of Rs.1,500 is transferred directly to the students who were not allocated hostels to stay.
- Students from class VIII are eligible to apply.
- Post metric scholarship for students from OBC category
- Fee reimbursement of higher education courses.
Minority Welfare Department
- Post metric scholarship for students from minority communities.
- Merit cum means scholarship for the students from the minority communities
Technical Education Department
- The department is reimbursing the fee paid by the SC/ ST students
Medical Education Department
- The department is reimbursing the fee paid by the SC/ST students.
Karnataka Labor Welfare Board
The board has launched several scholarship programs. The scholarship is for all the students studying in various classes.
Scholarship Amount Per Year
- High School (8th Std. to 10th): Rs.3,000
- PUC /ITI/Dip./TCH: Rs. 4,000
- Degree Courses: Rs. 5,000
- Post Graduation Courses: Rs. 6,000
- Engineering/ Medical: Rs. 10,000
Eligibility: The students must secure 50% marks for general merit and 45% for SC/ST in the previous year’s final examination.
To avail of all the scholarship schemes, the students need to have an Aadhaar seeded bank account number. The Aadhar number is also mandatory. Students need to submit the application forms with their Aadhaar numbers. The applications are made available here and here.