Vidya Vikas Institute of Engineering and Technology (VVIET) is a private institution established in the year 1997. The institute is located in Mysore in Karnataka. It is governed by the Vidya Vikas Educational Trust.The institute is recognized by the Government of Karnataka and the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. This co-educational institute is affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum.
VVIET was formed with the intention to provide top quality education in the technical stream and develop the students into confident personalities of tomorrow. The institute provides a healthy environment for learning. It encourages efforts of research and development among the students.
The institute boasts of a team of outstanding faculty members and a host of modern infrastructural facilities to help the students attain success in their chosen field of technical education.
The serene campus of the institute stands on a huge area of over 65 acres. The buildings and open spaces of the campus have been well planned. The campus has separate blocks for the undergraduate and the postgraduate courses. A well maintained hostel is also situated inside the campus. A large and open ground within the campus perimeter serves as the place for the students to enjoy outdoor sports like cricket and football. The ground is also used to host the concerts that are held within the campus of the institution.
VVIET offers under graduate courses leading to Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) Degree in six disciplines. The institute also offers post graduate courses in two disciplines. The courses offered by the institute are:
Under Graduate Courses
- B.E. in Computer Science & Engineering (CS & E)
- B.E. in Information Science & Engineering (IS & E)
- B.E. in Electronics & Communication Engineering (E & C)
- B.E. in Electrical & Electronics Engineering (E & E)
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- B.E. in Civil Engineering (CE)
Post Graduate Courses
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- M. Tech in Digital Electronics & Communication Systems
Infrastructure and Facilities
VVIET possess modern infrastructural facilities that are designed to offer a better learning environment for the students. The facilities at the institute include:
- Campus-wide LAN with 10 Gbps fibre optic backbone and a 1000 Mbps network of over 800 desktops.
- Unrestricted access to broadband internet browsing facility
- Engineering and science labs equipped with the latest instruments and tools
- Huge central library with more than 20000 books and major international and national journals
- Specialized departmental libraries
- Large space for games and sports
- Spaces earmarked for cultural pursuits
- Hi-tech Research and Development establishment
- Exclusive transport facilities for easy commuting
Training and Placement Cell
The institute has a training and placement cell with a remarkable record in on-campus placement. The institute organises training and personality development workshops to train the students to face interviews. The placement cell also organises expert talks and project works to help the students. Multinational giants like Infosys, L & T, Wipro, Accenture, Mphasis, Kirloskar-Toyota and BPL-Telecom are a few recruiters for the institute.
Students have the possibility of acquiring various state government, central government or private scholarships depending on their fulfilment of the necessary criteria.
Vidya Vikas Institute of Engineering & Technology
#127-128, Mysore – Bannur Road
Alanahally, Alanahally Post,
Mysore – 570028
Phone: +91 821 247 1232 / 1635
Fax: +91 821 247 3586
- Engineering colleges in Mysore
- About Engineering in Karnataka
- About Education in Karnataka
- About Mysore