Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Science was founded in the year 1986. It is located off the Bangalore-Mangalore Highway at Balagangadharanatha Nagara in Mandya of Karnataka. The institute was established with the purpose of disseminating quality medical education to the aspiring students from the rural areas. The college is sponsored by Sri Adichunchanagiri Shikshana Trust, which was started in 1973.
The college was initially under Mysore University but now it is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Bangalore. It is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI), New Delhi and General Medical Council, London (U.K).
Since its inception the institute has evolved into a premier rural medical educational institution that caters to the medical requirements of the rural population besides offering education and training to the undergraduates and postgraduates of Medicine. The institution follows the principle of ‘Seva Mano Bhava’ or Service to humanity. It cultivates the values of selfless service in the students who seek admission to the institution. The college provides all the basic amenities required for imparting high quality medical education to the students.
Campus of Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Science
Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Science contains one of the most beautiful campuses for medical education in Karnataka. The campus spreads across a huge stretch of green land. A grand entrance welcomes visitors to the institute. The college is hosted inside a large building that is surrounded by green lawns. The well-constructed classrooms of the building have good ventilation and comfortable seating arrangements. The campus is beautified by several plants and trees. A teaching hospital also forms a part of the campus.
Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Science offers both undergraduate and postgraduate programs under the medical stream of study. The courses offered by the college include the following:
Under Graduate Course
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery) – 4 ½ years course plus 1 year of compulsory rotating internship
Post Graduate Courses
Doctor of Medicine (M.D) – 3 years course
- MD in Anatomy
- MD in Anesthesiology
- MD in Biochemistry
- MD in Community Medicine
- MD in General Medicine
- MD in Microbiology
- MD in Pediatrics
- MD in Pathology
- MD in Pharmacology
- MD in Physiology
- MD in Radio Diagnosis
- MD in Skin & VD
Master of Surgery (M.S) – 3 years course
- MS in ENT
- MS in General Surgery
- MS in Orthopedics
- MS in Ophthalmology
- MS in Obstetrics & Gynecology
Post Graduate Medical Diploma – 2 years course
- Diploma in Child Health (DCH)
- Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynecology (DGO)
- Diploma in Orthopedics (D. Ortho.)
- Diploma in Anesthesiology (DA)
- Diploma in Radio-Diagnosis (DMRD)
- Diploma in Skin & VD (DVD)
- Diploma in Otorhinolaryngology (DLO)
- Diploma in Clinical Pathology (DCP)
Eligibility Criteria and Admission
Under Graduate Course – MBBS
- To be eligible for admission into the under graduate medical course (MBBS) of the institute a candidate must have passed Karnataka 2nd PUC / 12th std. or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry & Biology as optional subjects and with English as one of the languages of study and obtained at least 50% marks in the PCB group. In case of SC / ST / Category-1 candidates, the eligibility percentage is 40% provided that for Dental course, the candidate must have secured 50% marks in the optional subjects including English subject.
- Candidates must have completed the age of 17 years as on 31st December of the year of the admission.
Post Graduate Course
Admission to the post graduate courses can be obtained through the Karnataka State Government CET (33% seats), COMED K (42% seats) and Management quota (25% seats).
Infrastructure & Facilities
Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Science offers all the facilities required for imparting education and training to the students in the best possible academic environment. Some of the major facilities of the institute are:
- Spacious, state of the art laboratories for each department, furnished with the latest equipments
- Large Central Library with a wide collection of text books, reference material, monographs, Govt. publications, dissertations, reports, pamphlets, periodicals, national and international journals and audio visual cassettes.
- Digital library with access to thousands of electronic journals, e-books, various inline databases, etc.
- Spacious lecture halls equipped with good acoustics and independent audio visual aids including LCD projectors, speakers and microphone
- Centrally air-conditioned auditorium with capacity to accommodate 2000 people and having a large stage that is fitted with motorized screens and effective sound and light systems
- Huge canteen that provides healthy and tasty food
- Sports and recreational facilities like well-constructed BGS stadium for outdoor games like cricket, volleyball, football, kabaddi, athletics, etc.
- Facilities for indoor sports like table tennis, chess, badminton, carom, etc.
- Separate hostel for boys and girls. Each hostel is spacious and clean and has well furnished rooms along with other facilities for a comfortable stay
- Comfortable transportation facilities offered through 4 buses and 3 vans
- 24 x 7 Security guard to provide round the clock security at the college, hostel and hospital
Anti Ragging Committee
The college is completely against ragging and exercises zero tolerance towards any incident of ragging within the campus. The college practices prohibiting ragging by law, preventing the occurrence of ragging by regulations and punishing those who indulge in ragging. Depending on the nature and gravity of the offence, the anti ragging committee takes action against the guilty student/students. The actions may range from suspension of classes to rustication from the institute, apart from filing a First Information Report (FIR) with the local police authorities.
Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Science
Nagamangala Taluk, Mandya District 571448
Phone: +91 8234 287433 / 287435
Fax: +91 8234 287242
- Ayurvedic Medical colleges in Karnataka
- Dental Colleges in Karnataka
- Medical Colleges in Karnataka
- About Medical Education in Karnataka
- About Hassan