Cambridge Institute of Technology is a premier institution for engineering education in Karnataka. The institute is located about 200 metres off the old Madras Road, near K R Puram in Bangalore. The institute is affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum. It is accredited by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
It is a private coeducational institute that was established to provide quality education to the students and enable them to become excellent engineers in their chosen disciplines. The institute has a team of highly qualified faculty members who work to guide the students to become better citizens of the country as well as prominent engineers in the professional world.
Campus of Cambridge Institute of Technology
The picturesque campus of the institute is spread across ten acres of lush green land that overlooks Krishnarajapuram. The grand building of the institute is equipped with all the modern facilities needed for high quality technical education. The peaceful environment of the institute is conducive to learning. The campus is easily accessible from all prominent areas of Bangalore.
Cambridge Institute of Technology offers under graduate programs leading to Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) degrees in five disciplines and post graduate programs in three disciplines. The courses offered by the institute are:
Under Graduate Courses
- B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.E. in Computer Science and Engineering
- B.E. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering
- B.E. in Information Science & Engineering
Post Graduate Courses
- Master in Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- Master of Technology (M. Tech)
To be eligible for admission into the under graduate course of engineering studies in the institute, a candidate must have passed the second year Pre-University or XII standard or an equivalent examination recognized by the University. The candidate must have obtained at least 45% as aggregate marks with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with any one of Chemistry, Bio-Technology, Computer Science, Biology and Electronics. Candidates are also required to have studied and passed English as one of the subjects. For candidates belonging to the SC/ST or OBC categories, the required aggregate percentage for eligibility is 40%.
Cambridge Institute of Technology provides students with world class infrastructure and facilities to enable them to concentrate on their studies. Among the facilities available at the institute are:
- Well stocked Central Library cum Information Centre that is spread across five floors and covers an area of 22550 sq ft.
- Digital library
- Fully equipped labs for various departments
- Spacious classrooms
- Large lecture halls and seminar rooms
- Outdoor sports and recreation facilities like 20 Yards Turf ground, Volley ball court, Throw ball court, Basket Ball court, cricket and football ground
- Indoor games and sports facilities like carom, chess and table tennis
- Large canteen that can accommodate about 400 students and provides breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport facility through 4 exclusive college buses meant to cover all corners and important junctions of the city
- Separate hostel for boys and girls with facilities like 24 hours water & electricity, reading room, cafeteria, mess, first aid medical service, and other amenities
- Gymnasium and indoor sports equipments available at the boys hostel
Training and Placement Cell
The training and placement cell of the institute provides training on technical as well as soft skills of the students. The placement cell organizes training sessions by reputed training firms to instruct and guide the students on personality development, communication skills and other necessary skills. Several reputed firms and organizations from the industry visit the college for campus placement and recruit students in large numbers. Among the many reputed recruiters of the college are industry heavyweights like Infosys, L&T Infotech, Wipro Infotech, Nandi Toyota, Subex Technologies, Indian Air Force, Zenith Software, Ierosun Technologies, Cap Gemini, Indian Army, Sonata, and many others.
Cambridge Institute of Technology
K.R. Puram, Bangalore – 560036
Phone: +91 802 5618 799 /789
Fax: +91 802 5618 789