B.N.M. Institute of Technology or Bhageerathi Bai Narayana Rao Maanay Institute of Technology was established in the year 2001. It is a private coeducational institute that imparts quality technical education. It is located in Banshankari 2nd stage in Bangalore, Karnataka.
The institute is a part of the BNM Educational Institutions. It was established by the trust Bhageerathi Bai Narayana Rao Maanay Charities. The institute is affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum. It is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
The institute was set up with the objective of providing high quality technical and managerial education to students and offer support for research activities. The institute strives to be recognized as a centre of excellence for education in the country.
B.N.M Institute of Technology offers Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) degrees in six disciplines and post graduate programs in five disciplines. The courses offered by the institute are:
Under Graduate Courses
- B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.E. in Computer Science and Engineering
- B.E. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering
- B.E. in Information Science & Engineering
- B.E. in Telecommunication Engineering
Post Graduate Courses
- MBA (Master in Business Administration)
- M. Tech in Computer Applications in Industrial Drives
- M. Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
- M. Tech in VLSI and Embedded Systems
- M. Tech in Computer Network Engineering
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E)
To be eligible for admission into the engineering courses in the institute a candidate must have passed the two years Pre-University Examination (Science) conducted by Karnataka State Pre-University Board or 10 + 2 School Programme of the Central Board (CBSE / ICSE) New Delhi with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as optional subjects and English as a subject of study or any other examinations recognized by the University as equivalent to these. Candidates from outside the state of Karnataka are required to obtain Eligibility Certificate from VTU, Belgaum.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
To be eligible for admission into the masters program for business administration in the institute a candidate must be a graduate of Commerce, Arts, Science, Business Management, Law, Agriculture or Engineering discipline and must have secured a minimum aggregate of 50 percent marks.
The institute is well equipped with modern facilities to impart technical and managerial education to the students. The major facilities at the institute are:
- Well equipped laboratories
- Classrooms with educational aids like Digital LCD projectors, Smart boards, Overhead projectors
- Library and Information Centre with Circulation & Digital Library Section and Reference & Technical Journals Section.
- The library has total document collections of over 29,448 volumes reference, textbooks with 6641 distinct titles, 110 national journals, 37 international journals and 1325 learning CD ROMS
- Sports facilities like Tennis, Table tennis, Volley ball, Basket ball, Shuttle badminton etc.
- Gymnasium facilities for the students
- Canteen for hygienic food
- Exclusive bus facility for the transportation of students
- Separate hostel for boys and girls, each having accommodation facilities for 150 students with amenities like well furnished rooms
- Mess facilities in hostel
- 24 Hour Security in hostel
Training and Placement Cell
B.N.M Institute of Technology has a well organized and active training and placement cell that works to arrange campus placements for the students. The training and placement unit establishes contact with various organizations and industries and invites them for the campus recruitment process. The unit also trains students in various skills like mock interviews, group discussions, written tests, soft skills, etc.
A few reputed companies and organizations who recruit students of the institute are Indian Navy, Accenture, Oracle Financial Services, Continental Corporation, Microsoft, Wipro Technologies, National Instruments, HCL Technologies, IBM and several others.
The institute supports and encourages research activities by the students and the faculty members. VTU has recognized the departments of Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering and the department of Mathematics as research centres in the institute.
B.N.M Institute of Technology offers scholarships to the meritorious students. The institute has declared scholarship on fulfilment of any one of the following criteria by the candidates:
- Merit scholarship of Rs 25,000 for any candidate who joins the institute having rank of under 1000 in CET
- Merit scholarship of Rs 10,000 for any candidate who joins the institute having rank of under 3000 in COMED-K
- Merit scholarship of Rs 10,000 for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe with more than 60% marks in PCM
- Scholarship of Rs 25,000 for any candidate with more than 60% marks in PCM and who has represented Karnataka at the National level in sports
- Scholarship of Rs 50,000 for any candidate with more than 60% marks in PCM and who has represented Karnataka at the international level in sports
- T. Rama Rao Memorial Scholarship of Rs 10,000 for a student with best CET rank in General Merit Rural / Kannada Medium Category
Anti Ragging Committee
The institute has an anti ragging committee that checks and acts against incidents of ragging within the campus. There is a student redressal committee that takes up the complaints of students and resolves the issues.
B.N.M Institute of Technology
Post Box No. 7087,
12th Main Road, 27th Cross,
Banashankari II Stage,
Bangalore – 560070
- Engineering colleges in Bangalore
- About Engineering in Karnataka
- About Education in Karnataka
- About Bangalore