Basava Academy of Engineering was founded in the year 2002. It was set up by Sri Belimatha Maha Samsthana Socio Cultural and Education Trust, a foundation dedicated to the cause of education for the poor and the underprivileged students. The institute is located on the Gangondanahalli main road in Bangalore, Karnataka.
The private co-educational academy for technical studies is recognized by the Government of Karnataka and approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. It is affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum.
The institute was established with the objective of offering quality education to the students and shaping them into future engineers who would be able to stand up to any challenge in their field of study. To achieve this purpose the institute provides first-rate infrastructure facilities and highly qualified teachers.
Campus of Basava Academy of Engineering
Basava Academy of Engineering is spread across a sprawling campus standing on 10 acres of land. The building of the institute is architecturally designed in a beautiful manner. The large campus houses all the functional needs of the college like classrooms, laboratories, seminar halls, workshop, library, etc. The peaceful atmosphere of the campus is conducive for academic studies.
The academy offers under graduate programs in Engineering (Bachelor in Engineering) in four disciplines. The courses offered are:
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics & Communication
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical
Infrastructure & Facilities
Basava Academy of Engineering provides a number of modern facilities within its campus. The various facilities offered by the institute are:
- A large and well stocked library with a huge collection of more than 10000 volumes of text and reference books and subscription to 15 international and 24 national technical journals
- A spacious reading room that can accommodate around 125 readers
- Seminar hall
- Fully equipped laboratories for all departments
- Spacious and well furnished classrooms
- Computer laboratory equipped with LAN and internet connectivity
- Digital circuit laboratory
- Analog Electronic laboratory
- Sports and recreation facilities
- Separate hostel for boys and girls with mess facility
- Large playground in front of the hostel
- Medical facility
Entrepreneurship Development Programme (EDP) and Incubation centre
The institute has initiated an Entrepreneurship Development Programme (EDP) in association with the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), Bangalore and AWAKE Bangalore. The institute is located in Asia’s largest small and medium industries hub, Peenya Industrial Estate, Bangalore. So, the institute has started an incubation centre in association with the local industries in order to enhance the EDP.
The institute offers scholarships to the meritorious and deserving students. There are also cash incentives for the meritorious students based on their performance in the VTU examinations every year.
Basava Academy of Engineering
Gangondanahalli Main Road, Nagasandra Post,
Near Peenya Dasarahalli (Near 8th Mile),
Bangalore – 560073
Phone: +91 802 8393 613