Srinivas Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre was established in the year 2009. The private co-educational institute was set up under the management of A Shama Rao Foundation, an organization that supports the cause of quality education through the establishment and management of a chain of institutions of higher education. The institute is located beside the Mangalore-Kundapura National Highway on the outskirts of the city of Surathkal in Mangalore, Karnataka.
The institute is affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Bangalore and is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI), New Delhi.
The institute intends to create doctors who will be responsible towards their social duties and benefit the human race. For that purpose the institute provides all the modern facilities and highly qualified teachers to groom the students into outstanding professionals in the medical field.
Eligibility Criteria and Admission
To be eligible for admission into the M.B.B.S. course at Srinivas Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre a candidate must have passed the 10 + 2 or an equivalent examination approved by the Medical Council of India with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects and English as one of the languages of study. The candidate must have secured at least 50% marks in aggregate of optional subjects.
Candidates must have completed 17 years of age as on December 31 of the year of admission.
Admission to M.B.B.S. course is through the common entrance test and the total number of seats available at the institute is 150.
The institute offers under graduate course under the medical stream of study.
- M.B.B.S. (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery) program – 4 ½ years duration with compulsory rotator internship of 1 year that includes 3 months community medicine
Infrastructure and Facilities
Srinivas Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre provides all the facilities needed for imparting medical education, as per the MCI requirements. Among the facilities offered by the institute are:
- Spacious labs in all departments, well equipped with the latest instruments and tools
- Large central library with a huge collection of the latest editions of text books and selected journals
- Departmental libraries-cum-seminar rooms for all the departments
- Demonstration rooms equipped with teaching aids in all departments
- Museums with ample number of specimens and study area in every department
- A central research laboratory
- Departmental research laboratories
- Separate hostel for boys and girls, having all modern facilities for a comfortable stay
- Cafeteria that provides healthy food
- ATM facility inside the institute premises
- Gymnasium for the students
- Modern lecture halls with all the teaching aids like LCD projectors, etc.
- Playground for outdoor sports and recreational activities
- Transport facility for the students through exclusive bus service
Anti Ragging Committee
The institute is against any form of ragging activities. It has set up an anti-ragging committee that keeps a thorough watch on the students to prevent any ragging incidents within the campus.
Srinivas Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre
Srinivas Nagara, Mukka,
Surathkal, Mangalore – 575021