Following is the list of instructions released by the Common Entrance Test (CET) Cell for students appearing for the engineering seat selection process scheduled to commence from June 27.
- Candidates should produce all relevant original documents in support of their claim for verification along with two sets of attested photocopies of the same, failing which they will not be allowed for seat selection.
- Prescribed fee in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Special Officer, CET Cell, Bangalore”, should be produced during the seat selection compulsorily. Fees paid by candidates for engineering courses will be adjusted for medical/dental/ Indian system of medicine and homeopathy courses. However excess fee, if any, paid by candidates, will be refunded on the same day in the form of account payee cheque in the candidate’s name.
- The seat once selected by the candidates will be final for that round and will not be changed in the same round.
- Candidates who are satisfied with the engineering seat selected by them can report to the respective colleges well within the last date prescribed in their admission orders.
- Candidates who select an engineering seat and report /not report to the respective colleges after obtaining the admission order will be allowed to participate in the admission round of medical/dental/ISM and homeopathy seats along with other candidates who have not selected any seat.
- If the candidates select a medical/dental/ISM and homeopathy seat, the engineering seat selected by them during admission round will be cancelled automatically and the same will be offered in the engineering casual vacancy round.
- Candidates who wish to cancel the seat at any point of time, should invariably produce the original admission order along with the original bank challan issued by the CET Cell.
- For candidates who cancel their seats before the commencement of the casual vacancy round, 20 per cent of the amount paid as fees will be forfeited.
- For candidates who cancel their seats after the casual vacancy round or after the turn of the candidate during the casual vacancy round, the entire amount paid will be forfeited.
- Candidates who select seats in one casual vacancy round will not be allowed for selecting a seat in any of the further casual vacancy rounds of other disciplines.
- Candidates can bring multiple demand draft in different denominations corresponding to the prescribed fee amount. (For example: Rs 10,090 + Rs 7,500 + Rs 35,000 = Rs 52,590).
Following is the opening status of engineering seats at the CET Cell when seat selection opens at 9 am on June 27
Course-wise: (concessional fees seats are followed by higher fee seats):
Electronics 3,250; 2,700, Computers 2,622; 2,476, Mechanical 2,815; 2,021,Electrical 1,490; 1,017; Civil 1,138; 538, Industrial Production 441; 193, Instrumentation Tech 325; 248; Industrial Engg. Mgmt 76; 90, Automobile 110; 92, Chemical 131; 148, Telecom 501; 520; Medical Electronics 73; 78, Textiles 59; 36, Biotechnology 258; 270, Mining 9; 1, Ceramics 12; 14, Silk Technology 20; 0, Construction Tech 18; 21, Biomedical Engg 16; 2, Environmental 61; 42, Info. Science 1,248; 1,325, Polymer Tech 37; 0, Manufacturing Sc 9; 1, Total seats 14,719; 11,872.
Category-wise (concessional fees seats are followed by higher fee seats)
1G 474; 380, 1K 30; 24, 1R 89; 71, 2AG ,780; 1,424, 2AK 111; 89, 2AR 334; 267, 2BG 475; 380, 2BK 30; 24, 2BR 89; 71, 3AG 475; 380, 3AK 30; 24, 3AR 89; 71, 3BG 593; 475, 3BK 37; 29, 3BR 111; 89, GM 5,819; 4,748, GMK 371; 297, GMR 1,112; 891, SCG 1,780; 1,425, SCK 111; 89, SCR 334; 267, STG 356; 285, STK 22; 18, STR 67; 54, Total: 14,719; 11,872
Engineering rank holders from 1 to 1,300 ranks will be allowed to select the available seats on June 27.
Abbreviations: G- General; K- Kannada medium; R-Rural; Other abbreviations refer to caste categories.
Also see CET.