How to register societies in Karnataka? What are the documents and fee required to register societies and associations in Karnataka? Find out answers to all your queries.
In the state of Karnataka, thousands of organisations are working with the state government in various sectors. Education, Health, Environment are the most preferred service sectors by these organisations.
So far 3.55 lakhs different types of societies have been registered in the state of which nearly 52,000 of them in Bangalore Urban district alone.
5 Reasons Why Register Societies In Karnataka
One can register societies and associations under the Karnataka Societies Registration Act 1960. Societies which has below purpose may register their names under this act
- To promote charity, Science, Fine arts or Literature, Education
- To promote sports
- For the diffusion of knowledge relating to political education, commerce or industry or any other useful knowledge.
- For the conservational purpose of natural resources
- To maintain libraries
Register Societies In Karnataka – Fee
- In order to register a society under the Bangalore Metropolitan Regional Development Authority limits, the fee amount will be Rs 1,000.
- Places other than Bangalore fee will be Rs 500.
- 50 % concession is applicable for women and Sc/St .
Register Societies In Karnataka – Where To Submit Application
Application for the registration of society should be submitted to the Deputy Registrar of Co-operative societies and District registrar of societies of concerned districts along with following documents
Requirements to Register Societies In Karnataka
- Name of the society
- Registered office, Memorandum of Association
- Request letter to District Registrar
- Form A with necessary information
- Proceedings of the first meeting conducted to form a society.
- Challan having paid for the prescribed fee payable under the Karnataka societies registration act
- Affidavit in the prescribed format (Rs 20 E stamp paper)
- Form of application for registration of societies along with signatures from all the members
- Memorandum of association and rules and regulations duly attested by one of the subscribers to the Memorandum authorised by proposed society
- List of subscribers to the memorandum of association with their photographs and signature.
- Proceedings of the first meeting to form a society.
- After verification certificate of Registration will be issued to the applicants.
- There should be a minimum seven persons who have completed 18 years to form a society.
The Memorandum Of Association
The memorandum of association of every society shall include
- The name of the society
- The objects of the society
- Details of the members like name, addresses and occupations etc.
- The place at which the registered office of the society is to be situated.
- Memorandum of association should contain rules and regulations of the society, such as provisions relating to admission of members, general meetings, voting by members, proceedings at such meetings etc.
For over one lakh rupees of income and expenditure of the society, Rs 100 should be remitted as a fee to the government. Societies registered under this act can’t be converted as trust.
- NGO for Senior Citizens in Karnataka
- Health Related NGOs in Karnataka
- Environment NGOs
- Education NGOs
- NGOs – Animal Lovers
- NGO, Charity Organizations in Karnataka