NGOs – Education
- Agastya International Foundation – is a movement led by educators, scientists and entrepreneurs, to revitalize and transform primary and secondary education in India.
- Akshara Foundation – The mission of Akshara Foundation is to ensure Universal Primary Education for every child below eleven years of age in Bangalore through a three-pronged effort that involves the corporate sector, individual volunteers and the government.
- Akshaya Patra Foundation is an NGO providing free midday meals to nearly ten lakh school children in India across 16 locations every day.
- ASHA – projects in Karnataka. They have a very cool donation program.
- Azim Premji Foundation
- Library For The Blind– Libray for the blind is one of the finest Audio libary in the state or perhaps the only one in the country.It has 23,000 tapes and CD’s the library caters to 40 institutes across six universities in Karnataka and all over South India.Mitra Jyothi
CA Site No P22
31st main, 18th Cross
HSR Layout, Sector 1
Ph: 080-2572-7623 /25
- BREADS – is a registered voluntary organisation aiming at the transformation of the poor and the needy, as resources and agents of change through educative presence and accompaniment.
- Hippocampus Foundation – is a non-profit organisation working to foster reading habits among children, particularly those who are financially less fortunate.
- Keshava Seva Samithi – is a Chairtable Trust that serves the economically challenged sections of the society, with a special focus on slum dwelling families. KSS is managed by a team of dedicated volunteers with the aim of creating a sense of dignity, equality and responsibility. The thrust areas of these projects are Education, Health, Women and Youth Empowerment.
- Pratham – Pratham Books is a non-profit trust that aims to provide high quality children books in regional Indian languages for children across India. Also see Pratham Mysore .
- Thirupuvanam Foundation – The Foundation’s focal point is to ensure good nutrition, educational opportunities, care and guidance for children from poor families in Bangalore, India. We are working to give Educational Support to the Tamil and Kannada Govt Higher Primary schools located in Jaibharathnagar, we are also serving Mid Day Meals and providing dormitory facilities to 40 children from poor families.
- Parikrma Humanity Foundation
- Sikshana – To evolve a sustainable and replicable model for an effective and decentralized public school system based on good management practices
- R.K. Foundation – acts as a medium between the needy and the prospective Philanthopists, in the areas of Education, health, Clothing, Nutrition, Rural Development, Woman & Child care.
- Lovedale Foundation
We take orphaned and abandoned children under our wing and look after their welfare and development including quality education. Lovedale Foundation is home to disadvantaged children from all over India. We provide nourishment, clothing and shelter. Moreover, we impart quality education and training in life skills to children.
- National Association for the Blind (NAB) is a non-govt., non-profit, voluntary organisation that focuses on the socio-economic rehabilitation of the visually handicapped. A one-of-a-kind org., NAB provides the infrastructure as well as wide range of projects & services for the general welfare, education, training & placement of the visually handicapped.
- Operation Shanti – We help the poorest and neediest children and elderly, and the forgotten destitute, with the basic human needs: food, shelter, medical services and educational assistance. As we believe that every human can and should stand on his/her own, we are there to help the destitute begin to help themselves. We are based in Mysore.
- Samaja Sevakara Samithi
- Samarthanam Trust for the Disabled – A commitment to the cause of the education of the visually and physically challenged has been the aim of Samarthanam from the time it was set up in the year 1997.
- Spastics Society of Karnataka – kudos to Mindtree for selecting the logo created by a member of Spastics society.
- Smile foundation – As a Social Venture Philanthropist, Smile Foundation promotes and catalyses universal education among underprivileged children, create the process to embrace these children into mainstream in a sustained manner, facilitate them to emerge as productive assets, and set the foundation for nation building.
- Paranga Education Trust– Pyramid shaped class room for the poor kidsThis trust was started by a retired NAL engineer named Ramamurthy in the year 1999 who took voluntary retirement and pumped in all his savings in buildings the pyramid shaped class rooms for the poor and needy children. This school is located in Magadi a taluk located 50 kms from Bangalore. If you are passing by there you can see green stretches of land with many juxtaposed pyramids.These pyramids are built using red-coloured tiles according to Mr Rammurthy he says ” Pyramids help in concentrating better so I want more children to focus better on their life in these pyramid classrooms ” he said.He also says he had read an article taht said a lot of positive energy flows through pyramids which is why our temples too have cone-shaped tops. Pyramid is a perfect aero-dynamic design that diverts air and keeps classrooms cool at all times.
- Disha Baharat-An NGO based in Bengaluru has been working with the vision to guide the youth population in India using value education.