- DISHA is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) formed in the year 2005
- This NGO organizes training programs and workshops for the youth, teachers, and parents.
- Uses value education to guide the youth population in India
- Holistic personality developmental workshop for the young minds focusing on the spiritual, emotional, intellectual, social and physical aspects
DISHA Bharat, an NGO based in Bengaluru has been working with the vision to guide the youth population in India using value education. Since its beginning, in the year 2005, DISHA has organized several awareness and training programs as well as workshops for the youth, parents, and educators to fulfill their vision and purpose.
This is to help the young adults understand the glorious culture and legacy of our country so that they can carry it forward through their lives.
- Address: #57/3, 17th Cross, Margosa Road, Malleshwaram, Bengaluru – 560055 (MAP)
- Mobile: +91 98456 81573/96115 33533/99163 81599
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.dishabharat.org
An Overview Of DISHA
The education system in our nation focuses on the 3 Rs: Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic which equips students to get a good job. However, most of them struggle when they come face to face with real-life challenges.
When it comes to increasing the mental strength, expanding the intellect and forming a good character which is necessary for the overall development of an individual our education system has not been that successful.
The non-profit organization, DISHA, was formed to bring down this huge gap in the education system of India. DISHA was started by Smt. Rekha Ramachandran, a Social Worker, under the guidance of Na. Krishnappa.
The success behind this NGO can be attributed to a committed team which includes a board of trustees, guiding council members and an executive committee that has been working wholeheartedly among the youth of the country.
This team consists of people from different walks of life like Professors, Doctors, Yoga trainers, Counsellors, Social Workers, Lawyers, and Social Activists.
DISHA organizes and conducts workshops and training sessions for the younger generation. Building individuals with integrity, social commitment, and character is the main focus of these sessions. A holistic approach is used for the development of personality in individuals.
The aim of the workshops conducted by DISHA is to understand:
- Your culture
- Your country
Various methods of teaching and training are adopted in these workshop sessions to leave a lasting impression within each participant. The workshop sessions include:
- Audio-Visual presentations
- Group discussions
- Sharing of experience
- Question and answer sessions
Different Programmes Organized By DISHA
The following are some of the main programs organized by DISHA for students, teachers, and parents.
Training Programmes For Under Graduate/Post Graduate Students
- Workshops on life skills and soft skills
- Personality development programs (One day)
- Certification course: Quality Education for Self-Transformation.
- Student training programs for NSS volunteers
- Induction programs for engineering colleges
Training Programmes For Teachers And Parents
Faculty Development Programme
The Faculty Development Programmes organized by DISHA is to help the teacher become a person of vision, with good values, morals, and ethics. This also helps them to be more compassionate towards their students.
Teachers need to be good role models to encourage their students to become better individuals. There are various enrichment programs for parents
Swami Vivekananda Jayanthi
Swami Vivekananda Jayanthi is being observed as the National Youth Day in India. DISHA organizes and conducts several programs for college students and lecturers on this day.
This is another initiative by the NGO for the young adults of India.
- Value education
- Life skill training
Since its inception in the year, 2005 DISHA has organized various training programs and workshops for over 220,000 students, 2,500 parents and 4,500 teachers all over the country. DISHA has also covered more than 200 educational institutions during this period.
- Education NGOs
- The Nudge Foundation – Setting the Benchmark
- Pitching for Success: Aata Odanaata’s Softball Programme