The Karnataka government led by Congress party has announced the implementation of five guarantees as assured in the party manifesto for the state assembly election 2023 which were held in the months of April, and May. The government released the eligibility criteria, documents to apply for the scheme. Here is your guide to apply for these schemes.
One of the five guarantees assured by the Congress party was 200 units free electricity for every citizen irrespective of whether they belong to Below Poverty Line or Above Poverty Line. Under the scheme, based on the electricity consumption of the financial year 2022-23, a 10 percent higher electricity consumption limit on units of average monthly consumption of each consumer up to a maximum consumption limit of 200 units per month per household in the state will be free from July. If the consumption crosses 200 units, the user must pay the entire bill amount.
The beneficiary of this scheme must pay all his arrears with in three months to continue to get the benefit of the scheme.
How to Apply
An electricity user can apply for this scheme from his comfort (either laptop/ smartphone/ Karnataka One center/ Bangalore One center) within two minutes. In private cyber centers, Rs.20 will be charged to apply.
- Aadhaar card
- Your electricity bill
- Aadhar seeded phone number to receive and enter the OTP.
Step by step guide to apply for the scheme
- Consumers must visit Sevasindhu website and click on the above Link
- Once the link is opened, user need to click the consent box and enter the captcha.
- Once you enter the captcha, the application LINK will open.
- You need to enter your Aadhar number.
- Once Aadhar number is entered, it will take you to the website where you need to enter your electricity connection details.
- If you are staying in the rented house, you need to mention, the same in the given box.
After filling all the details, one needs to generate OTP. Once OTP is entered it will be considered as an application submitted successfully.
Under this scheme, all women can travel across the state in KSRTC Karnataka Sarige buses (ordinary services) for free. The women passengers need to produce an identification card for the proof of identity.