RTE admission for 2020 has started. The right of the child to free and compulsory education in 2009 is popularly called the RTE Act.
The Act is designed to provide 25% free seats in the private unaided schools for the children from the disadvantaged section of society.
The fee money is reimbursed by the state government to the concerned schools. The seats are allocated online.
Last Date To Apply
This year, June 24 is the last date for applying online –schooleducation.kar.nic.in.
This year, as per the original calendar of events, the admission process shall have been carried out in March itself. But it was postponed for an indefinite period of time following the Covid 19 outbreak in several parts of the state.
RTE Admission – The Application Process
- Minimum and max age for the class I: between 5 years five months and 7years.
- Minimum and max age for the LKG: 3 years five months and 5 years
RTE Admission – Eligibility
Students from disadvantaged sections of society will be allocated free seats under this scheme.
- Children from SC, ST and tribal communities.
- Children with HIV
- Children of Devadasis
- Children of street vendors, migrant families
- Children from BPL families.
- Children from such families whose annual income is less thanRs.3. 50 lakhs.
How To Apply?
To apply for the RTE seats, the child or his parents must have the following documents.
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Other certificates issued by the revenue department from time to time include Devadasi victim etc.
- BPL card if the child’s parents are from the economically weaker section of the society.
RTE Admission – How To Find The Neighborhood School?
The free seats for the children will be allocated in their neighborhood school. This allocation is done after mapping the address provided in the Aadhaar card with the GIS of schools. These schools are given unique school codes.
RTE Admission Karnataka 2020 – Important Dates
As per the final calendar of events published by the DPI, here is the calendar of events.
- Submitting online application: June 10-24
- Review of applications by the DPI officials: June 29
- Publication of final list of eligible students for RTE seat allotment: July 3
- First round seat allotment through computer: July 13
- Admissions at schools: July 14 to July 21
- Second round of seat allotment: July 28
- Admission at school level for seats allotted in the second round: July 29- August 5
How To Get The Neighborhood School Details
For example if you want to know the neighborhood school details in Bengaluru south
You can get the block wise details and find the list