MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital is a well-established educational institute for medical studies in the state of Karnataka. The institute was set up in the year 2001 under the Venkatesha Education Society. The college is located in Hoskote, a town under Bangalore Rural District in Karnataka.
The college is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI), New Delhi. It is affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Bangalore. The college is an ISO 9001:2008 Certified Institution.
The college provides excellent clinical training facilities and theoretical knowledge to produce competent medical professionals. The college imbibes into the students a sense of responsibility and service towards the society.
Campus of MVJ Medical College & Research Hospital
The campus of the college extends over 27 acres of land in an eco-friendly environment. Though located in the Bangalore Rural District, the campus is well connected to the city. The huge campus has all the modern facilities required for creating a holistic academic environment. The campus provides ample opportunities for all-round development of the students. It has facilities for extracurricular activities and sports. To encourage the students to be physically active the college has plans to develop a multi stadium with an athletic track and field events grounds.
MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital offers under graduate program leading to MBBS degree and post graduate degree and diploma courses in 12 disciplines. The various courses offered by the college are:
Under Graduate Course
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery) – 4 ½ years course
Post Graduate Courses-Doctor of Medicine (M.D) – 3 years course
- MD in Anesthesia
- MD in Dermatology
- MD in General Medicine
- MD in Pediatrics
- MD in Pathology
- MD in Psychiatry
- MD in Radiology
Master of Surgery (M.S) – 3 years course
- MS in ENT
- MS in General Surgery
- MS in Orthopaedics
- MS in Ophthalmology
- MS in Obstetrics & Gynecology
Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) – 2 years course
- D Ortho
Eligibility Criteria and Admission
- To be eligible for admission to the institute for undergraduate course leading to MBBS degree a candidate must have passed the two year Pre University examination conducted by Department of Pre-University Education, Karnataka State.
- Or, any other examination conducted by Boards / Councils / Intermediate examination established by State Governments / Central Government and recognized as equivalent to two year Pre University examination by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences / Association of Indian Universities (AIU),
- Or, have passed Intermediate examination in Science of an India University / Board / Council or other recognized examining bodies with physics, Chemistry and Biology, which shall include a practical test in these subjects.
In each of the above cases the candidate must have passed with English as one of the subjects and Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional Subjects. The candidate must have passed subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology individually also.
- Eligibility is also granted to those candidates who have passed first year of the three year degree course of a recognized University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in these subjects provided the examination is a ‘University Examination’ and the candidate has passed subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology individually in the pre university or other examinations mentioned above
- Those candidates who have passed B.Sc. degree Examination of an Indian University, provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc. examination with at least two of the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology) and provided the candidate has passed subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology individually in the qualifying examinations mentioned above.
- Admission to the institute is through CET of Karnataka State and through the Common Entrance Test conducted by the Karnataka Religious & Linguistic Minority Professional College’s Association (KRLMPCA).
Infrastructure & Facilities
MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital provides excellent infrastructural facilities and a dedicated team of faculty members for teaching and training the students in the medical field. Some of the major facilities offered by the institute are:
- A large and well stocked central library that extends over two floors and has a seating area for 500 people, a wide collection of text books, reference books, national and international journals, CD-ROMs, computers with broadband connectivity and several other facilities
- Photocopying and microfilm reading facilities
- Multimedia room with educational CDs, DVDs, Projection facilities
- A state of the art hospital that provides excellent hands-on training facilities for the students
- Spacious and modern lecture halls with gallery type seating arrangement and modern teaching aids like OHP, Slide Projector, LCD Projectors & PA System
- Three Central laboratories and Departmental laboratories equipped with all necessary tools and instruments
- Centrally air conditioned huge auditorium that can accommodate 1200 people
- Clinical skill lab to train undergraduates and postgraduates on various clinical skills
- Centrally air conditioned computer lab with Helinet and Internet facilities
- Gymnasium with physical instructor
- Separate common rooms for boys and girls
- Sports and recreational facilities like playgrounds for football, courts for volleyball, badminton, basketball, etc.
- Indoor games facilities
- Separate hostel blocks for boys and girls having 500 well furnished rooms, multi gym facilities, indoor games facilities, 24 hour electricity, reading rooms and central mess with good dining facilities
- Rooms in the hostel blocks are air conditioned and equipped with colour TV, refrigerator, and attached bathrooms having 24 hour hot water
- Transportation facilities available through a fleet of comfortable buses that connect the college to various parts of the city
MVJ Medical College & Research Hospital
Dandupalya, 30th KM Milestone,
National Highway No. 4,
Hoskote – 562114
Phone: +91 – 80 – 6788 8699
- Ayurvedic Medical colleges in Karnataka
- Dental Colleges in Karnataka
- Medical Colleges in Karnataka
- About Medical Education in Karnataka
- About Bangalore