Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology is an autonomous engineering institution located on the Outer Ring Road of Bangalore in Karnataka. The renowned institute was founded in the year 1979 by Late Sri M. H. Jayprakash Narayan, Ex MLA and founder Managing Trustee of Panchajanya Vidya Peetha Welfare Trust (PVPWT). The institute is named after the great Indian politician and principal architect of the Constitution of India, Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar.
It is a Government of Karnataka aided institution. It is managed by the Panchajanya Vidya Peetha Welfare Trust, an organization that manages a number of educational institutions in Bangalore. The institute has been granted academic autonomy in the year 2010-2011. It is affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum. It is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
The reputed institute is one of the 14 colleges that have been selected to receive the World Bank Assistance under Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP) through Government of India. It has also received several grants sanctioned by AICTE, DST and VTU.
The institute was established with the aim to develop human resource who would lead the country in the field of technology.
Campus of Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology
The campus of Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology is located on a vast stretch of land that covers an area of 20.30 acres. The beautiful campus comprises of several buildings, trees, lawns, etc. The peaceful campus provides an environment that is ideal for academic pursuits. The campus is well connected through public buses as well as the dedicated transportation system of the college. It is easily accessible from all parts of the city of Bangalore.
Admission to Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology
Admission to B.E. courses is through the Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA).
Admission to M.Tech / MBA / MCA courses is through the PGCET conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) and Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum.
For admission to the undergraduate and postgraduate courses through Management seats candidates can contact the Managing Trustee, PVPWT.
Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology offers under graduate, post graduate and doctoral degrees in the following disciplines:
Under Graduate Courses
- B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.E. in Computer Science and Engineering
- B.E. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering
- B.E. in Information Science & Engineering
- B.E. in Civil Engineering
- B.E. in Industrial Engineering & Management
- B.E. in Instrumentation Technology
- B.E. in Tele Communication Engineering
- B.E. in Medical Electronics
Post Graduate Courses
- M. Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
- M. Tech in VLSI Design & Embedded System
- M. Tech in Power Electronics
- M. Tech in Digital Communication & Networking
- M. Tech in Structural Engineering
- M. Tech in Machine Design
- M. Tech in Computer Network Engineering
- Master in Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
Doctoral Degrees – The institute offers the doctoral degrees through its university recognized Research Centres in the following departments:
- Electronics & Communication Engineering Department
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering Department
- Instrumentation Technology Department
- Mechanical Engineering Department
- Telecommunication Department
- Civil Engineering Department
- Mathematics Department
- Chemistry Department
- Physics Department
- MCA Department
- MBA Department
Infrastructure & Facilities
The institute offers excellent facilities needed for imparting technical education to the students. The major facilities offered by the institute are:
- More than 60 spacious and well ventilated classrooms
- More than 100 hi tech laboratories equipped with latest equipments
- Computer Centre with internet facilities
- Data centre
- Drawing Room
- Huge and well stocked library spread across three floors and with more than 72900 volumes of books with 16574 titles, 112 national journals and 34 international journals
- Digital library having membership with INDEST – AICTE for accessibility to IEEE, ASCE and ASME journals and additional membership with DELNET and British Library
- Indoor Sports Complex having facilities like shuttle badminton, table tennis, carom and chess
- Outdoor play grounds for cricket, volley ball, football, basketball, throw ball, kho-kho, etc.
- Bank facilities
- Co-operative society for stationery, books, etc.
- Public telephones at various points within the campus
- Canteen and refreshment stalls
- Xerox facilities
- Medical services
- Transportation facilities through college buses
- Separate hostel facilities for boys and girls with amenities like 24 hour hot water supply, TV room, reading room, recreation room, 10 Mbps internet connectivity, uninterrupted power supply during power cuts, parking facility, 24 hour security guard, gym, dining hall and mess facilities
- Students parents accidental death policy
- Students group medi-claim policy
Training and Placement Cell
The training and placement cell of the institute conducts several training programs to prepare the students for successful campus interviews. The college has tie-up with Infosys to conduct Infosys Campus Connect training program in the institute and groom the students for personality development and other skills needed for interviews. The institute also arranges for Industry-Institute interaction programs for the benefit of the students.
Several top notch companies such as Infosys, Wipro, Torry Harris Business Solutions, HCL, TCS, Siemens, Tech Mahindra, L&T Infotech, Accord, Subex, iFlex, and several others visit the institute to conduct campus interviews.
Scholarships & Awards
Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology offers several awards for the meritorious and deserving students.
- Sri Asem Kumar Memorial Gold Medal for the best 3rd year student in B.E. (Electronics and Communication Engineering)
- Sri Satish Memorial Award for the final year B.E. (Industrial Engineering and Management) student who secures the highest marks
- Jindal Scholarship for meritorious students
- National Merit Scholarships
- Defence Scholarships
- PH Scholarships
- Stipend from the Government of Arunachal Pradesh for students belonging to the states of Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur and Tripura
- SC/ST Scholarships and fee concession. Category-I fee concession and fee concession for students whose parents income is below Rs 11,000/-