Basavakalyan Engineering College was established in the year 1999 as a private institution imparting higher education in the fields of engineering and technology. The college was set up under the Basavakalyan Educational Trust. The college is recognized by the Government of Karnataka and approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. It is affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum.
The coeducational college was established with the objective of creating a centre of excellence for technical education. The college seeks to develop the students into highly qualified human resource who would be able to stand up to the global challenges in the field of technology and establish themselves in their chosen fields.
The college is located adjacent to the National Highway No. 9, between Basavakalyan and Humnabad, in the Bidar district of Karnataka. Away from the hustle & bustle of city life, the college offers an ideal atmosphere for teaching and learning.
Campus of Basavakalyan Engineering College
The campus of Basavakalyan Engineering College extends over 30 acres of land. The campus provides all the basic facilities needed for smooth conduct of the technical courses. As the campus is situated near the National Highway No. 9, the college enjoys excellent connectivity.
Basavakalyan Engineering College offers under graduate programs leading to Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) degrees in the following five disciplines:
Under Graduate Courses
- B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.E. in Computer Science and Engineering
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering
- B.E. in Information Science & Engineering
- B.E. in Civil Engineering
Eligibility Criteria and Admission
To be eligible for admission into the undergraduate (B.E.) courses in the college a candidate must have secured at least 45% of marks in aggregate in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the subjects Chemistry / Biology / Bio-Technology / Computer Science / Electronics in the second year pre-university or 12th standard or an equivalent examination. The minimum marks for eligibility is 40% of aggregate in optional subjects in case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC) & Scheduled Tribes (ST) and other Backward Classes. The candidate should have passed in remaining subjects.
For candidates holding three years Diploma granted by the Board of Technical Education, Government of Karnataka or of any other Diploma qualification considered equivalent thereto is eligible only through CET allotment for admission to III Semester/II Year of B.E. course in appropriate branch of Engineering. Such a candidate shall have to clear prescribed bridge courses.
Admission to the college is based on Karnataka CET / COMED K / AIEEE.
Infrastructure & Facilities
The college offers all the amenities required to impart technical education at a higher level. Among the many facilities offered by the college are:
- Well stocked library that boasts of a rich collection of 14,987 volumes and 3545 titles of books on all the subjects associated to the various branches of Engineering and Technology, apart from 24 national & 24 international journals and digital library facilities
- Internet facility available to all the students through the latest computers of the college
- Sports facilities with tracks and fields for practising and playing various outdoor games & sports
- Canteen with a spacious hall that serves all kinds of South Indian & North Indian food
- Separate boarding facilities for the boys and girls at reasonable rates around the college campus with provision for homely vegetarian food
- Comfortable transportation facility provided through the several buses of the college for students belonging to various corners of the city
Training and Placement Cell
The training & placement cell of the college conducts training programs for the benefit of the students. The training cell has a separate library having books on personality development and soft skills. The cell prepares students for campus interviews by organizing interactive sessions, enhancing soft skills, increasing their reasoning ability and aptitude, organizing Entrepreneurship Development programmes, etc.
Students from the institute have found placement in reputed companies and organizations such as HCL Info Systems Pvt. Ltd., Infosys, Reliance Info Com, Siemens, Tech Mahindra, Jindal Steels, Wipro BPO, Ocean Maritime Service Pvt. Ltd., and many more.
Basavakalyan Engineering College
NH 9, Basavakalyan,
Bidar district-585 327
Premsagar Patil (Reg): +91 93416 23999
Shankar (PRO): +91 93423 23777
- List of Engineering colleges in Karnataka
- About Engineering in Karnataka
- About Education in Karnataka
- About Bidar