The Oxford College of Engineering is one of the prestigious educational intuitions of India. The college is located on Hosur Road in Bangalore. The institute was established in 2000. It is a private educational institute. The institute offers courses in professional education in various streams of engineering, post graduate programme in Computer Application (MCA) and in Business Administration (MBA).
Affiliations and Accreditations
The Oxford College of Engineering has been approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and the courses have been approved by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA), India. The college is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum.
Courses offered at The Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore
The Oxford College of Engineering offers 11 under graduate programmes including B Arch, 11 MTech programmes, MBA and MCA programmes. The programmes offered at the institute are:
Post Graduate Courses
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- M Tech. in Power Electronics
- M Tech. in Digital Electronics & Communication
- M Tech in Digital Communication & Networking
- M Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering
- M Tech in Computer Networks Engineering
- M Tech.(ME) Thermal Power Engineering
- M Tech in Machine Design
- M Tech in Bio Informatics
- M Tech in Structural Engineering
- M Tech in VLSI and Embedded System design
- M Tech in Computer applications in Industrial Drives
Under Graduate Courses
- BE in Computer Science & Engineering
- BE in Information Science & Engineering
- BE in Electronics & Communication Engineering
- BE in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- BE in Mechanical Engineering
- BE in Bio-Technology
- BE in Civil Engineering
- BE in Automobile Engineering
- BE in Construction Technology Management
- BE in Mechatronics
- Bachelor of Architecture (B Arch)
Eligibility for Admission into The Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore
To be eligible for admission into the programs of The Oxford College of Engineering the following are the requirements:
- For MBA: 3 years Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from any recognized University with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (45% marks in case of SC/ST candidates) of all subjects, including languages
- For MCA
- 3 years Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from any recognized University with a minimum of 50% of marks in aggregate in all the years of degree examination (45% of marks in case of SC/ST candidates) including languages
- Must have studied Mathematics/ Business Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Science/ Computer Application/ Computer Programming as one of the optional subjects. Candidates who have passed one of the subjects specified above in the P.U.C. course with 50% of marks in that subject are also eligible for admission
- For M Tech: BE/ B Tech. degree in the relevant discipline with not less than 50% marks in aggregate of all the semesters / years. In case of Karnataka SC/ST/Cat-I candidates, 45% aggregate marks required along with a rank in the entrance test with a valid score
- For B.E.: Completed PUC or 10 + 2 or its equivalent with minimum 45% marks in aggregate (40% marks in case of SC/ST candidates) in three subjects of Physics, Mathematics and any one of the following subjects namely, Chemistry, Biology, Bio-technology, Computer Science or Electronics and with English as one of the languages
- For B Arch:Completed PUC or equivalent examination with mathematics as one of the optional subjects and secured a minimum of 50% marks in all subjects in PUC (45% marks in case of Karnataka SC, ST, OBCs). A candidate should also appear and secure a minimum of 40% marks in National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA)
Rankings and Ratings
In 2015, Careers 360 ranked The Oxford College of Engineering as one of the reputed B-schools in Karnataka and gave the institute AA+ rating.
Facilities at The Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore
The Oxford College of Engineering has a sprawling campus covering 6.25 acres of land. The main building of the institute has 8 floors for academic purposes. The institute is located at a distance of 10 km from the Bangalore centre. The major facilities at the institute are:
- Library with a huge collection of books
- E learning facility
- Separate hostels for boys and girls
- Bank ATM
- Health centre with full time physician
Placement at The Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore
The Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore has an active placement cell. Some of the recruiters of the institute are:
- Alkatel Lucent
- Artech Info Systems
- Bharathi Axa Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
- Clinibyte Health Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
- Hindustan Coca Cola Pvt. Ltd.
- Huwei Technologies
- Info Edge India Ltd.
- L & T Technologies
- Maventic Innovative Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- NTT Data
- Reliance Life Insurance
- The Square Yards
- Triveni Turbines Pvt. Ltd.
- UTC Aerospace Systems
- VIT Infotech
The Oxford College of Engineering
10th Milestone, Bommanahalli,
Bangalore – 560068
Phone: 080 3021 9601 / 602 / 604
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com