When it comes to studying Engineering, Karnataka happens to be one of the top choices among prospective students. Several students from within India as well as from other nations study in the different Engineering colleges in this state, especially in Tumkur. Let us find out about Engineering colleges in Tumkur.
Tumkur officially referred to as Tumakuru is an industrial city located in Karnataka. This city is also popularly known as the Shaikshanika Nagari which means the City of Education.
Some of the leading Engineering Colleges in Tumkur
Tumkur is also home to some of the most preferred Engineering colleges in India which provide quality education and training. Some of them are:
|Channabasaveshwara Institute of Technology
|Kalpataru Institute of Technology
|Siddaganga Institute of Technology
|Sri Siddhartha Institute Of Technology
|Sridevi Institute Of Engineering And Technology
|H.M.S Institute Of Technology
The degrees/programs offered by these colleges include:
- Doctoral Degrees
- Research Programs
- International Linkages
The following are some of the streams in Engineering covered by these colleges
- Computer Science Engineering
- Information Science Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communications Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Machine Design
- VLSI Design & Embedded Systems
- Transport Engineering
- Manufacturing Science – Engineering
- Management and Computer Network Engineering
- Thermal Power Engineering
- Biotechnology and Telecommunication Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Tele-Communication and Engineering
The major benefits of studying in these colleges include:
- Quality education and training
- Experienced staff who are highly qualified
- Excellent lab and computer facilities
- Transport to and from college
- Good opportunities for placement
- Excellent opportunities for internship
- Cafeterias and Canteens
- Indoor and outdoor facilities for games and sports
Students are admitted to these colleges based on the following.
- Marks secured in the Engineering entrance examinations: CET and COMED-K
- Qualification: 10+2 with Science
- Minimum age requirement is 17 years
- Government reservations are applicable
A certain number of seats are reserved for those seeking admission through the management quota.
Industries, business organizations, and institutes for research and science are always on the lookout for skilled engineers who can be productive with just the basic amount of training and who can readily take up challenges as and when required.
Enrolling yourself in one of these colleges will ensure that you get the best quality education and training required to be a skilled engineer.