Want to spend a relaxing time with animals? Visit Prani – The Pet Sanctuary in Bangalore.
Today’s children may have heard of Emus and hedgehogs but only in storybooks. Leaving aside such exotic species, they may have only seen animals like horses and camels from afar. It is this gap that Prani – The Pet Sanctuary in Bangalore aims at bridging.
Prani – The Pet Sanctuary In Bangalore – Quick Facts
- Address: Somanahalli Village, Off Kanakapura Rd, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560082 (Map)
- Timings: 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Sunday
- Website: https://www.prani.co.in
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +91-97420-84335
A few km along the outskirts of Bengaluru, Prani is home to over 700 rescue animals including horses, hedgehogs and over 60 bird species. The pet sanctuary, experiential education park, is a place you can observe these animals and interact with them. It was established by noted animal conservationist and herpetologist, Sanjeev Pednekar and is spread across 2 acres of land.
The Farm Visit At Prani – The Pet Sanctuary
Rather than simply wandering around the place, Prani offers guided tours of the farm. It is advisable to start the tour early in the day so as to avoid the harsh mid-day sun. From petting horses and emus to meeting mice and gerbils, the tour guide will introduce you to all the different animals living in Prani.
The tour also includes a walk-through Bangalore’s only aviary. Here you can meet beautiful birds who will perch themselves on your shoulder and may even eat out of your hands.
After the tour, you can find yourself a spot for a picnic or partake in Prani’s vegetarian lunch.
- Admission price per head: Rs 400 for adults and children over the age of 3 years
- Timings: 9 am to 5 pm
Overnight Camping At Prani, Bangalore
Prani also gives you the option of staying overnight and camping under the stars. The overnight experience starts with pitching your own tent and includes fun activities like herping or searching for reptiles in their natural habitat, bird watching and an early morning hike. You can also bathe the animals. It’s a great experience for adults and children. The package is inclusive of three meals.
- Admission price per head: Rs 1500 for adults and children over the age of 5 years (including 3 meals)
- Timings: From 4 pm Friday to 4 pm Saturday
Hello Class At Prani, Bangalore
We will take small animals to class and let the students interact with them.
- Timings: 10 am to 4 pm
- Sessions: 3
- Bookings: Monday to Friday
- Batch Size: 100 Students
Unwind while educating yourself at Prani in Bangalore for a relaxing time in an animal sanctuary.
- Amit Shroff – Bird Rescuer In Bangalore
- Amusement and Water Parks near Bangalore
- 5 Top Children’s Parks in Bangalore
- About Bengaluru
- Sir M Visvesvaraya Rain Water Harvesting Theme Park In Bangalore
Must Visit Sanctuaries and National Parks
- Anshi National Park
- Attiveri Bird Sanctuary
- Bandipur National Park
- Bankapur peacock sanctuary
- Bird Watching in Coorg
- Bannerghata National Park
- Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary
- Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary
- Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary
- Daroji Bear Sanctuary
- Gudavi Bird Sanctuary
- Jayamangali Blackbuck Conservation Reserve
- Kaggaladu Bird Sanctuary
- Kokrebellur Bird Sanctuary
- Kudremukh National Park
- Magadi Bird Sanctuary
- Nagarahole/ Rajiv Gandhi National Park
- Pushpagiri Wildlife Sanctuary
- Ranganthittu Bird Sanctuary
- Sharavathi Wildlife Sanctuary
- Shettihalli Wildlife Sanctuary, Shimoga
- Someshwara Wildlife Sanctuary, Udupi
- Tyavarekoppa Lion and Tiger Reserve, Shimoga