COMEDK Entrance Exam is conducted by the Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka and is a common entrance test for admission in Medical and Engineering Courses. This test will be conducted for admission in COMEDK affiliated colleges only.
The test scores of COMEDK 2013 Entrance Exam decide the admission to the respective college. However, the dates for the COMEDK entrance examination for the academic year 2013 are yet to be declared.
Types of question papers in COMEDK:
- Paper I – Physics and Chemistry (Common to all)
- Paper II - Mathematics (Engineering students)
The results will be made available in two stages:
- Test Score
- Final Merit/Rank list Publication
Important Dates of COMEDK
See ComedK Exam dates for all information related to deadlines.
English Language Paper in COMED-K
From 2013 edition of Comed-K English as a language will be tested for prospective medical students. The paper will test the English language skills of the candidates by introducing exercises in grammar and comprehension passage.
English paper carries 30 marks and a student has to compulsorily score 50 percent to become eligible for a rank.
Students from rural Karnataka are very worried as their fluency in English is not very good. However, Comed-K officials say only 4% of students writing Comed-K are from rural areas.
How to apply for COMEDK
- Click on the link that will be made available in the website and download the application form
- Please go through the instructions before filling the form
- DD of INR 900 for students appearing for Engineering
- DD of INR 1,100 for students appearing for BE, Medical as well as Dental
- Please counter sign the DD by the Banker
- If filling online COMEDK form, make sure you read the sample form available
- Be sure about filling each and every field correctly
- Incorrect form will not be accepted and the application will hence get rejected
- COMEDK 2013 Entrance Exam application form when submitted, a unique application number will be assigned to every candidate
- Attach birth certificate and identity proof
- Candidates should stick a passport sized photograph of not more than 6 months old
- Candidates should send the completely filled COMEDK 2013 Entrance Exam application forms via post. Forms sent personally will not be entertained.
- Sent the fully filled application form to the following address by the second week of April 2013:
Executive Secretary – COMEDK,
#132, Second Floor, 11th Main, 17th Cross,
Malleswaram, Bangalore-560 055,
Things to Remember
- Application form of COMEDK 2013 must be complete with photo, signature, left forefinger impression and his/her parents/guardian signature.
- The print out of online Identity Proof (COMEDK copy)/Date of Birth Certificate with candidates’ photo, signature and attestation by the Gazetted Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar or the head of the school /college where the candidate has studied.
- Photocopy of 10th class mark sheet or school leaving certificate showing the candidates’ Date of Birth must be attached.
- Candidates belonging to the ST/SC and OBC of Karnataka should submit their reservation certificates as well the income details of their parents.
- Candidates of COMEDK 2013 will be issued a Test Admission Ticket (TAT) for identification which they have to bring on COMEDK 2013 exam day. The dispatch of COMEDK 2013 TAT will begin by the mid of April 2013.
- Candidates are required to bring their passport sized photograph with their Name, Application Number and TAT Number on its backside at the time of the examination. However, in case any candidate does not receive the TAT, he/she should visit the official site of COMEDK 2013 or send an e-mail regarding the non-reception. In case of loss too, duplicate TAT will be issued.
Important Websites and Email IDs:
- The candidates can log on to the official website of COMEDK 2013, http://www.comedk.org to apply online for the exam.
- In case the candidate does not get his/her application form status on the website, he/she can send their queries to email@example.com via e-mail.
- General information mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
ComedK Fee Structure for Medical, Engineering Courses
- Engineering: Rs 50,000/-
- Medical: Rs 357,500/-
- Dental: Rs 253,000/-
# 132, Second Floor, 11th Main, 17th Cross,
Malleswaram, Bangalore – 560 055,
- Eligibility Criteria for Engineering
- Eligibilty Criteria for MBBS/BDS
- ComedK statistics
- Exam Dates
- CET Info
- Download Karnataka CET Old Question papers
- Official Site of ComedK
- CET Seat Sharing Matrix
- Engineering And Medical College Fees
- Fee to be paid at ComedK counseling
- CET / ComedK Tuitions
Stream Annual Tuition Fee payable at the time of Counseling Medical (MBBS) Rs. 357,500/- Dental (BDS) Rs. 253,000/- Engineering (B.E) OR Architecture (B.Arch) Rs. 50,000/-. Read more on Careerindia.com