The counselling for admissions in Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) for 2017 is to be held online. The verification of the documents will be done offline. Approximately 72,000 students will choose from 147 Engineering colleges in Karnataka.
The online counseling process would be similar to the Karnataka Examinations Authority’s process, where students will be given time to enter options of engineering colleges and combinations, following which there will be mock allotment of seats.
Procedure for Counselling and Admission in COMEDK for 2017
The COMEDK counselling for 2017 will be a centralized counselling through a single window. Candidates will be allocated colleges based on their preference and the rank scored by them in the COMEDK UGET 2017.
The procedure for counselling and admission is as follows:
- Eligible candidates should get their documents verified
- Candidates must submit the attested copies of their documents
- Each candidate must submit a demand draft (DD) of Rs.50,000 drawn in the favour of COMEDK, from any National bank, payable at Bangalore
- Candidates have to submit the balance tuition fee and their original documents
- Candidates will be issued an allotment letter after their seat selection, which will be valid for admission in the selected college only
- Candidates can check the availability and the number of seats on the official website of COMEDK
- The counselling is taking place at NMKRV College, Jayanagar.
Important Dates for COMEDK 2017 Counselling
- Dates for 2017 yet to be announced
- Phase 1 counselling for Engineering students to be held from 29th June to 10th July, 2015
- Phase 1 counselling for Architecture students to be held on 11th July, 2015
- Phase 1 counselling for Medical and Dental students to be held from 13th July to 17th July 17, 2015
- Phase 2 counselling for Engineering students to be held from 24th July to 29th July, 2015
- Phase 2 counselling for Architecture students to be held on 30th July, 2015