The Election Commission of India (ECI) has launched many apps and online services that citizens can make use during the Lok Sabha
First things first. Here is an over view of the 2019 election before we discuss the Apps in details. In Karnataka, voting for 28 Lok Sabha constituencies to be held in two phases – first phase voting will be on April 18 while the second phase voting to be held on April 23.
In the first phase, voting for the constituencies of South Karnataka, Coastal Karnataka and Malnad Karnataka will take place. In the second phase, voting to be held in Mumbai, North, and Hyderabad Karnataka regions.
This year all the district administrations are making elaborate arrangements to ensure above 80% voting. Under the Systematic Voters’ Education and Electoral Participation (SVEEP) all the houses holds are visited by the dedicated teams of officials to create awareness about the importance of voting.
But still lakhs of voters are unaware whether they have voting rights? If their name is included in the voters’ list? Where is their voting center? How to lodge complaints if any party or leader found violating the Model Code of Conduct (MCC)?
The Election Commission of India (ECI) developed over 10 apps to help the voters. Here is a list of some of the apps and how they are helpful to the voters in the Karnataka.
The Voting Timing
The first and foremost thing one has to remember is the voting timings. According to the ECI authorities voting will start at 7 am and conclude at 6 pm. If the voter number is more the voting time will be extended till last person in the Queue will cast his vote.
ECI Apps For Lok Sabha Election 2019 – A Comprehensive List
This is one of ECI apps for Lok Sabha election 2019 that can help citizens to record and report any violation of the he Model Code of Conduct. Below is how you can download and use the App.
- This app can be downloaded from the google play store
- A resident can use this app in two ways i.e. as an anonymous user and registered user.
- A resident can register his name through OTP of his mobile number.
- Model Code of Conduct (MCC) violation incidents can be recorded or photo can be uploaded via this app. These visuals/ photos and details will be shared with the concerned Deputy Commissioner of a district.
What Are The MCC Violations?
The ECI broadly listed following as the MCC violations:
- Money distribution to the voters.
- Distribution of gifts, coupons and rations
- Distribution of alcoholic products
- Tying banners, posters, pasting pamphlets without the prior permission of the concerned authorities
- Threatening, intimidation, use of explosive, arms
- Using vehicles for the campaign without permission.
- Use of private property without permission.
- Transporting the voters to the polling stations on the voting day.
- Campaigning within 200 meters of the polling center
- Open / public campaigning 48 hours before the voting.
- Religious, communal speeches
- Campaigning between 10 pm and 6 am
- Use of the loud speakers without permission
- Use of children for the campaign
It is an exclusive app developed for the benefit of the voters of the Karnataka. This app is available on the Google Play Store. According to the authorities, this app provides information related to the Lok Sabha election in the Karnataka.
This app is very helpful for people with disabilities. This app helps them to send alerts on their voting requirements, get customized feedback and support from the election officers.
To hold public events, advanced permission is very much mandatory. The candidates and their agents can seek permission via this app.
This app is also made available on the Google Play Store and it is also developed by the ECI. This app is designed to provide all the election-related information to the voters.
Other Online Services
Apart from apps, the ECI digitalised all the documents, and information. The information you are seeking is just a click away. In Karnataka, if you want to know your electoral list details, you login to: http://ceo.karnataka.gov.in/search_2019ph1/
This link helps you to find out your electoral roll in three ways. You can search your pooling booth by using your registered mobile number, EPIC number or name and other details. You send your EPIC number to the mobile number 9731979899. The EPIC number must be prefixed with KAEPIC. The details are available on http://www.ceokarnataka.kar.nic.in/Sms_New.aspx
In the event of you want to talk to your pooling booth officers, their contact address and mobile numbers are now uploaded on the Karnataka Election Commission website The link is http://www.ceokarnataka.kar.nic.in/BLOList_2019/Dist_List.aspx
How To Be An Election Volunteer Or Democracy Warriors
This year, the ECI introduced a new feature to the election. Interested general public especially students can join the commission as the volunteers.
These volunteers are called as the Democracy Warriors. The interested must enrol with the election commission. Later commission officials depute them at the different places. EPIC card is mandatory to join the ECI as the volunteers. More information in this regard is available on https://kgis.ksrsac.in/election/VolRegister.aspx
The Election Commission is very active on the digital platforms. All the district level officials are launched their dedicated social media pages to ensure easy communication with the voters. The election is called as the festival of democracy. The government is spending several crores for each district in the state of Karnataka for the foolproof conduct of the election.
Tourist Places Shut Down On Voting Days
On both the voting days, the tourist spots of the respective areas shut down. The concerned deputy commissioners already issued a notification in this regard. The tour operators, resort owners, managements and the lodging and boarding managers are directed to give rooms only after the verifying the EPIC number.
It is the time to stand up for the cause of the country and vote for the development.
For all the election-related queries one can visit the website of the election commission where all the details are updated on a real-time basis. Both voters and candidates can get all the information from here.
- Karnataka Lok Sabha 2019 Candidates List
- Opinion Polls For Lok Sabha 2019 Elections – An Overview
- How to get a voter id in Bangalore?
- Mysore Paints – A Factory that Inks Every Election Fingertip in India
- Bangalore Lok Sabha Constituency Statistics
- Chickaballapur Lok Sabha Constituency Statistics
- Mysore Lok Sabha Constituency Statistics