There’s a new way to holiday – caravan tourism in Karnataka. Don’t fly somewhere and stay in a hotel- rent a camper van instead.
After watching Hollywood romanticize RVs and camper vans in films, now you too can rent a luxury camper van and drive across Karnataka’s tourist spots. Luxe Camper, a Bengaluru-based start-up was launched a few days ago along with the concept of ‘Caravan Tourism’.
Know more about tourism in Karnataka
Caravan Tourism In Karnataka – Luxe Camper
- Website: www.luxecamper.com
- Email: info@LuxeCamper.com
Luxe Camper offers 10 high-end motorhomes with premium facilities for short-term rent. A group of up to 4 people can travel in the camper van at a time.
This marks the introduction of commercially approved caravan tours in India. The company as founded by Tiger Ramesh and is being promoted by Anil Kumble, Sudheer Dhar, and Phaneesh Murthy.
Each camper van has 200 square feet of area designed with the Indian aesthetic in mind. The interiors are planned to fit in a fully functional kitchenette with an
- Induction stove
- Electric kettle
- Microwave and a fridge
- Lounge that converts into a queen-sized bed
- Comfortable seating and dining area
- Smart televisions with Bluetooth systems
- Separate toilet and shower
There’s even an outdoor barbeque connection. In terms of safety, the camper van has seatbelts for all passengers, a speed governor, fire extinguishers, 360 degree cameras, a GPS tracker and first aid kits.
Caravan Tourism In Karnataka – Recommended Itineraries And Facilities
When you rent a Luxe Camper you can choose from one of the recommended itineraries or have an itinerary customized for you. The recommended itineraries include a:
- 2 day trip between Bengaluru and Bheemeshwari
- 3 day trip between Bengaluru and Kabini
- 4 day trip between Bengaluru and Hampi
- 4 day round trip from Bengaluru to Bandipur and Kabini
Renters cannot expect to drive the camper van themselves. Instead, a driver and guide will accompany you.
To ensure your privacy, the driver and guide will stay in a separate cabin. The night can be spent in the camper van or at cottages, tents and log-huts at nearby campsites. The camper vans can also be parked overnight at KSTDC hotels, state-run guest houses in forests and tourist centers.
Meals will be cooked at the camping site. Guests are welcome to pitch in. Alternatively, the camper van has tie-ups with highway restaurants along the way. The camper van also stocks pre-cooked meals from ITC and MTR.
Caravan Tourism In Karnataka – What’s the cost?
The camper van experience starts at INR 39,999 per day for a couple exclusive of taxes. The costs are inclusive of meals, sightseeing and select activities along the way.
You can even buy a Luxe Camper at the rate of INR 1 crore and lease it back to the company.
- Palace Queen Humsafar Express – Connecting Two Historically Rich Cities
- Popular KSTDC Tour Packages In Karnataka That Every Traveler Will Love
- Kaveri Tours – 8 Places to See Along the Kaveri River
- How Hampi and Anegundi Found their Place in Ramayana Circuit