The Village Resort in Mysore is a pristine place that offers several opportunities for its visitors to relax and enjoy in a rustic setting. If, as Gandhi asserted, the soul of India lies in its villages, staying in this resort is a chance for you to experience the soul and soak in the pastoral atmosphere. This unique resort received The National Award for Excellence in Architecture (1994) and The South Asian Award for Excellence in Architecture (1999).
The main theme behind the resort is its country feel, but that does not mean that you have to leave all your city comforts behind. The rooms, suites and cottages are all well-furnished and are equipped with all the modern conveniences.
The rooms in the Village Resort are of five different categories:
- Non AC Standard
- AC Standard
- Cottage Non-AC Deluxe
- AC Deluxe
- Jumbo Suite
Apart from the well established rooms, several recreational facilities are also offered in the resort. Sports facilities include cricket nets, tennis and basketball courts, table tennis, and other options for indoor games. A business tourist can use the conference hall and boardroom facilities. There are other amenities like a gym, a swimming pool, Jacuzzi, kids’ play-area and an amphitheatre. The resort has houses a multi-cuisine restaurant that offers Indian, Tandoori, Chinese and Continental fare.
How to Get to the Resort
The Village Resort is located at the foot of the Chamundi Hills in Mysore. It is situated at a distance of around 140 km from Bangalore. It lies 4 km away from the railway station in Mysore City and 2 km away from the city center.
Contact Information and Pricing
Tariff at Village Resort, Mysore
The room rents range from INR 2,500 for the Non AC Standard (single occupancy) and INR 3000 for Non AC Standard (Double Occupancy) to INR 7,000 for the Jumbo Suite.
Activities and Things to Do
The Village Resort provides a pleasant and rustic setting that can put you in a relaxed and restful mood. It also offers several activities that can keep you occupied once you feel fresh and recharged physically.
- Play a game of tennis, practice in the cricket nets; try your hands at shuttle or table tennis during your stay in the resort.
- Go for a jog in the park and enjoy a stroll through the gardens.
- Plan a trek up the Chamundi Hills and visit the famous Chamundi Temple.
- You can visit the Mysore Palace and indulge in some local sightseeing.
- You can also just laze around and enjoy the beautiful scenery and all the beautiful sights within the resort itself.
- The Village Resort is a great place to spend a few days in a pastoral setting while reveling in the pomp and grandeur of Mysore, Karnataka’s cultural capital.