The Hidden Valley, true to its name, is a secluded haven that lies very near Bangalore but offers an entirely different experience for people who take the initiative to venture out from the city. The resort can be reached through a four and half hour drive from Bangalore City.
You will find that Aranha Homes has done a magnificent job in constructing this scenic location that caters to both business tourists and laymen. The resort is intricately designed so that people feel at home all the time.
The resort arranges for guided tours around the coffee plantation after which you can enjoy a barbeque near the bonfire.
You can also have fun by taking part in some indoor games like badminton, table tennis and other board games, as the resort offers facilities for these. The rooms are all tastefully done and well-furnished. One good advantage in the rooms of this resort they have excellent broadband and mobile connectivity.
Another advantage of staying in this resort is the list of offers that it provides – if you stay in the resort for one night, you’ll get a 50% discount for the second night’s stay (for monsoon weekday offers). No pets are allowed in the resort.
How to Get to the Resort
The Hidden Valley Resort is quite accessible via trains, flights and road travel.
- Train – The nearest railway station is at Kadur, which is about 60 km away. The resort will provide pick up services from the station.
- Bus – You can board a Volvo or a Rajahamsa from the Majestic Bus Terminus and reach the resort within six hours.
- Private Vehicles – You’ll need to take NH 4 and reach the resort through Belur. You will pass Hassan along the way, where there are a number of sites to see.
- Air – The Bangalore Airport is the nearest airport. All you need to do is reach the resort office in Indira Nagar, as options for travelling to the resort will be provided from there.
Contact Information and Pricing
You can contact the following numbers for booking your rooms and send an email to the resort for the same.
The Hidden Valley
20KM Chikmagalur-Mudigere Road
Chikmagalur, Karnataka 577111
You’ll need to pay the room during the time of booking, and the charges for a single room would be around INR 2400 for a single night.
Activities and Things to Do
You can take a jeep drive to all nearby villages.
You can also trek to Devi Gudda where you can climb a small peak, about 2.5 km high.
There are a number of heritage temples that you can visit in these places:
- Belur and Halebid
- Dharmastala and Subramanya
- Kalasa, Horanadu and Sringeri
Visiting these temples would take about half a day’s drive, so you can be back by dinner time. If you want to experience a taste of the local culture and cuisine, you can visit Mudigere, a small town. Make sure that you enjoy the aroma of exotic spices and drink different kinds of coffee while you’re there.