Estuary View Resort is a beach resort located in Karwar, Karnataka. Absolutely non-commercial and relatively untouched, it is an ideal spot for a quiet beach holiday. Situated 1500 feet above the road facing the estuary, Estuary View Resort is popular among travelers for its stunning ocean views and gorgeous sunrise and sunsets.
There are 12 cottages in all and each cottage overlooks the confluence of the Kali River with the Arabian Sea. Estuary View Resort is a 17th century heritage site and it is believed that it was Karwar’s breathtaking beauty that inspired Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore to write his first play.
Estuary View Resort has 12 luxurious cottages. All rooms in this resort are air-conditioned and have running cold and hot water connections. Each cottage is provided with a satellite TV. The resort provides safe deposit lockers, currency exchange services, personal laundry services, and secretarial and travel assistance. It has facilities for national and international direct dialling.
You can also access broadband internet at the internet cafe that this resort houses. Their multi-cuisine restaurant provides a wide choice of dishes and the permit room is well-stocked too.
How to Get to the Resort
Karwar is easily accessible by road as well as rail. By road, NH 47 connects Goa, Mangalore and Bangalore to Karwar. Karwar is also a major station on the Konkan Railway. The nearest airport is Dabolim Airport, 77 km away. Karwar is also well-connected to other parts of Karnataka and neighbouring states.
Contact Information and Pricing
Estuary View Resort offers three accommodation plans: the Relax plan, the Rejuvenate plan and CP Plan.
The Relax Plan is priced at around $64 and $90 per day, for single and double occupancy respectively. The package includes a welcome drink on arrival, accommodation in an AC Room and all meals.
The Rejuvenate Plan is priced at $87 and $137 per day, for single and double occupancy, respectively. It includes a welcome drink on arrival, accommodation in an AC Room, all meals and one Ayurvedic Massage per person per day.
The CP Plan is priced at $52 and $67 per day, for single and double occupancy, respectively. It includes accommodation in an AC Room and breakfast.
Telephone: 0091-11- 26802106, 26804879, 65664447
Activities and Things to Do
- The resort has a Badminton court, an amphitheater, a curio shop and an art gallery.
- Their spa offers rejuvenating Ayurvedic health and wellness packages, and you can try this out.
- Beach lovers can get access to a private beach where they can go swimming, sunbathing or indulge in a number of beach sports and activities.
- You can sign up for adventurous treks to the forest.
- You can also opt for the 10 km long riverboat cruise across the Kali Nadi to Devbag Forest Beach Resort.
- For sightseeing purposes, you can visit the historic Sadashivgadh Hill Fort that has a temple devoted to Goddess Durga, a heritage church, the 300 year old Venkatrama Temple and the Nagantha Temple.