It is a perfect holiday destination for couples, families and friends. You can enjoy a nice vacation with your family in this peaceful retreat, and the amenities present here also make it a viable option for corporate meetings.
The resort provides an eco-friendly ambience, and you will enjoy living in its tents and bamboo cottages beneath a moonlit sky. Tents and bamboo cottages, as mentioned above, are the only types of accommodation available in this place as it is an adventure-oriented getaway. You can opt for twin sharing or multiple sharing types of accommodation.
How to Get There
The resort is a secluded retreat located 4 km into the Arabian Sea off the coast of Karwar, Karnataka, India. You can opt for an amazing 20 minute motorboat ride that will take you to the island hideaway where you can revel in the many amenities provided by the resort. The last boat for the day leaves the mainland at 5:30 PM and the resort offers car parking facilities near the jetty on the mainland.
Contact Information and Pricing
The Great Outdoors
C-15, 2nd Floor
City Gate Building
Mangaluru – 575 002
- INR 2,100 per person per night (twin sharing)
- INR 1,800 per person per night (multiple sharing)
- INR 2,400 per person per night (twin sharing)
- INR 2,000 per person per night (multiple sharing)
Note: Children below five years of age can stay for free, while children between the ages of 5 to 12 years will be charged 50% of the adult tariff.
The Tariff Includes:
- Accommodation, all meals and taxes.
- Free drop and pickup from office to jetty and back.
- Boat ride to and from the island (4 Km each way – Approximately 25 minutes per trip)
- All the services listed under security.
There are also various packages that can be availed for couples and larger groups. The management can be contacted for bulk bookings.
Activities and Things to do
- You can indulge in adventurous activities like nature walks, swimming, and fishing, and let your hair down during the night time bonfires and barbecues.
- Dolphin spotting is a very popular activity that’s normally coupled with yet another feature in this resort – boat rides and aqua sports.
- You can try your hand at rock climbing and explore the historic ruins of an ancient fort that reflects the glorious past of the island.
- Ensure that you visit the Narasimha Temple, the Abandoned Tower, Mystery Creek and Cosy Canopy.