CM Siddaramaiah presented the 13th state budget and here is a list of major takeaways of the same. The primary focus of the budget was employment generation and farmer support. Below are the major points of Karnataka budget 2018.
Karnataka Budget 2018 – Agriculture
- INR 5,849 crore allocated to agriculture sector (INR 845 crore fund comes from the Karnataka Raitha Surkasha Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bhima Yojana)
- INR 50 Cores for organic farming
- Setting up of an agriculture college at Chamrajanagar district.
- “Raita Belaku” – a 3,500 Crores scheme to enable dry land farmers across the state
- Farm loan waiver to the tune of Rs 1 lakh from cooperative banks in case of farmer death
Karnataka Budget 2018 – What is in it for Bangalore?
INR 2500 crore package for was announced for Bangalore in Karnataka budget 2018. The amount will be spent on lake development.
- Creating 14 roads which can facilitate better connectivity to ITPL
- Development of 100 km of existing major roads
- Adding up to 250 km length of footpaths of different roads
- Development of roads in 110 villages that added to the corporation limit recently
- Multi-storied parking near Jayanagar Complex and at Gandhi bazar,
- INR 50 crore for the up keeping of Bellandur Lake
- Sanctioned at a cost of Rs 935 crore for the development of a business park close to the International Airport – the Bengaluru Signature Business Park.
- INR 340 crore for the renovation of the Tippagondanahalli and Hesaraghatta reservoirs
Allocation for Namma Metro and Suburban Rail Network
- Commissioned 105.55 km phase 3rd of Namma Metro
- The proposed lines will ply between:
- JP and KR Puram via Hebbal
- Toll Gate to Kadabagere
- Gottigere to Basavapura
- RK Hegde Nagar to Aerospace Park
- Kogilu Cross to Rajanakaunte
- Bommasandra to Attibele and Ibaluru to Karmalram
- Rs 384 crore allocated for the first phase of the suburban rail network
- Rs 100 crore to establish a high-security branch in the Parappana Agrahara Central Prison.
Karnataka Budget 2018- Healthcare
- A total of 2.177 Crores allocated for medical education (8.6 increase from last years allocation)
- Bangalore Medical College will get 1000 additional bed ward
- Arogya Karnataka Yojane will be launched by February end.
Allocation for Other Key Areas
- Installation of CCTV cameras at all government schools
- Loans for fishermen and women – INR 50000 at 0% interest
- Wage revision – nearly 5.9 lakh government employees and pensioners will benefit
- INR 7.5 crore for modernization of 75 sheep/goat markets
- An outlay of INR 247 crore for the development BT, IT, Science and Technology sector
- INR 3 Crores for the establishment of a mini 3-D planetarium in Belagavi
- Setting up of Karnataka Innovation Authority to encourage innovations in various segments.
- marriage assistance for the children of devadasi – INR 5 lakh for the girl child and INR 3 lakh for the male child
- Proposed Karnataka Sports University under PPP model
- Incentive of INR 5 lakh for a Scheduled Caste girl marrying a boy from another caste and INR 3 lakh for an SC boy marrying a girl from any other caste
- 25% reservation for backward and minority students in SC/ST post-matric hostels
- Karnataka GI – The State Leads the Way
- Khajane – Karnataka’s Online Treasury System
- About Karnataka Governmen
- Pavagada Solar Park – Set to Become the World’s Largest Solar Park