May 12th 2018 will not be just another day in Karnataka. This is the day Karnataka will vote for 224 seats in the Karnataka assembly. To form a government, the winning political party will need a minimum of 113 seats. While the elections may be more than a month away, pre-polls have already started making the rounds. In this article, we take a look at the Karnataka poll predictions 2018 by C-Fore.
Karnataka Poll Predictions 2018 by the C-Fore Survey
- The Congress party will improve its vote share and win 46% of the vote share or 126 seats.
- The BJP will also improve its tally and win 31% vote share or 70 seats.
- The JD(S) will lose out with only 16% vote share or 27 seats.
Karnataka Poll Predictions 2018 – According to Area
Here is area wise date based on the Karnataka poll predictions 2018 by C-Fore:
- The 28 assembly seats in Bengaluru will be split between the Congress and the BJP.
- In old Mysuru, the 65 seats will be divided amongst all parties with the JD(S) winning most of its seats
- Congress will win a majority in the Bombay Karnataka region
- The BJP will win a majority of seats in the central Karnataka region
- The Congress will win a majority of seats in the Hyderabad-Karnataka region.
- The coast will see an even distribution of seats with the Congress winning by a single seat.
Karnataka Poll Predictions 2018 – Men vs Women
A majority of both men and women surveyed backed the Congress. The BJP came in second and the JD(S) stayed third.
Below is a snapshot of the prediction:
Karnataka Poll Predictions 2018 by C-Fore Survey
|Total Number of Seats||Congress||BJP||JD (S)|
|India Today-Karvy Karnataka|
|Party||Seats Predicted||Vote Share Preidction||2013 Assembly Seats|
Issues of Contention
Availability of drinking water was the main concern raised by 32% respondents to the survey. Other issues included better roads and drainage systems.
Who Could be the Next Chief Minister?
According to the Karnataka poll predictions 2018 by C-Fore Siddaramaiah won 45% of the vote share and remained the favorite for the Karnataka Chief Minister’s post. 21% poll respondents said that they were satisfied with his current performance while 54 percent said that they were only somewhat satisfied.
Karnataka poll predictions 2018 indicates that only 25% of the respondents said that they were not satisfied with his performance so far. B. S. Yeddyurappa came in second in the race for the CM position while H D Kumaraswamy got less than a quarter of the vote percentage.
Karnataka Poll Predictions 2018 by India Today-Karvy Karnataka
According to the poll prediction, the state is going have hung government as no party will get a majority. And INC is set to become the single largest party.[table “131” not found /]