With the Karnataka Assembly elections 2023 voting being today, let’s look into what the political parties have promised the public in their manifestos.
- State capital region for Bengaluru
- Uniform Civil Code, NRC and state wing against religious fundamentalism and terror (K-Swift)
- Reservation provided for SC (17%), ST (7%), Vokkaligas (6%) and Lingayats (7%)
- 10 lakh housing sites across the state for the siteless/homeless beneficiaries
- 3 gas cylinders for Ugadi, Ganesh Chaturthi and Diwali
- Half litre Nandini milk and 5kg of rice/millets
- 7 per litre of milk production as incentive.
- Increase reservation cap from 50% to 75%. Restore 4% reservation for Muslims
- Five poll guarantees including Rs 2,000 for women per month; unemployment allowance as Rs 3,000 for graduates and 1,500 for diploma holders; free bus passes for women and 10 kg rice per person for BPL families.
- Gig workers welfare board creation with Rs 3,000 crore seed money
- Mega Bengaluru region
- Housing in 5 years for all homeless families.
- Rs 7 per litre of milk as incentive for dairy farmers.
- Ban individuals and organisations that spread hatred including those like Bajrang Dal and PFI
- 2 lakh subsidy for women married to farmers, Rs 10,00 subsidy per acre for all farmers
- 5 free gas cylinders
- Free EV two-wheelers for 60,000 girl students, 6.8 lakh bicycles
- Loan waiver for women self-help groups
- Restoration of 4% muslim reservation, 5% reservation in state budget for all minorities
- Rs 6,000 allowance for pregnant women for six months
- 30 bed hospitals at every GP with free dialysis and lab facilities.
- Bangalore infrastructure agency, an organisation for all infrastructure works in the city.
- Full powers to Lokayukta including its own budget
- Reservation of land for rental housing to low-income groups
- Two language policy with Kannada and English
- 33% reservation for women having government jobs
- Social security for every household with a government or private job
- Equitable distribution of state’s resources specifically for 1.3 crore Dalits and close to 1 crore minority population.
- Restoration of the 4% reservation for the Muslim community
- Creation of a peaceful environment to live in communal harmony.
- Karnataka Assembly Election 2023 Opinion Poll
- Karnataka Assembly Election 2023 Candidate of Major Parties
- All About Karnataka Assembly Elections 2023
- Karnataka Assembly Election 2023 BJP Full List
- Karnataka Assembly Election 2023 Congress Full List
- Karnataka Assembly Election 2023 JD(S) Full List
- Karnataka Assembly Election 2023 AAP Candidates Full List