Seshadripuram Law College (SLC) is one of the reputed Law colleges in Bangalore. The college was established during 1984-85 by the Seshadripuram Educational Trust. The trust established the institution with the aim of imparting Legal Education in the society. SLC is affiliated to Bangalore University and is recognized by Bar Council of India, New Delhi.
The college offers an effective learning atmosphere by providing best infrastructure and facilities for the students. The trust nurtures the mission to establish Seshadripuram Law College as a premier educational institution in the field of Legal studies.
The college has experienced full time lecturers, senior members of the Bar and guest faculty to impart quality education to the students. Established in the heart of Bangalore, the college is easy to reach from any part of the city.
The college offers the following courses
- 3 years LL.B
- 5 years B.A. LL.B
- 5 years B.B.A. LL.B
Seshadripuram Law College offers the necessary infrastructure needed for obtaining proper Legal education. The college has a huge library with an extensive collection of Law books, Journals, Law Reports of Supreme Court, Law Reports of Karnataka High Court, Income Tax Reports and lots of other documents and books needed in the study of Law.
The college has a well-furnished moot court hall that helps the students to understand and learn the judicial process followed in a real court of law.
Spacious and well-ventilated classrooms with modern teaching aids and a sports room with indoor games amenities are the other infrastructural facilities offered by the college.
Other Facilities Available
There is a student counseling unit to guide the students in their academic and personal problems. An active students’ grievance cell and anti-ragging cell is there, which is headed by the Principal of the college. A career guidance cell advises the students and guides them.
- The college offers the Government of India Scholarships and Government of Karnataka Scholarships to the students belonging to the Backward, Scheduled Caste and Schedule Tribe students etc. in accordance to the Government rules.
- Sri K.C. Puttanarasaiah Endowment award for securing highest marks in 3rd LL.B. examination
- Students who take admission to I year of LL.B. course, with 90% and above in the qualifying examination are awarded one-time cash prize of Rs. 5,000.
- Students who register 100% attendance in the class are awarded a cash prize of Rs. 2,000.
- Students who secure gold medal in the University Examinations are awarded a cash prize of Rs.5,000 by the SET.
- Students who secure 1st rank in the University Examinations are awarded a cash prize of Rs. 5,000 by the SET.
- Students who secure an average percentage of 75% in the LL.B examinations are awarded Rs. 10,000 cash prize by the SET.
Admissions to the courses are held in the month of June every year.
- Application forms and information brochure can be obtained from the college office on payment of prescribed fee
- Filled in application forms are to be submitted before the notified date
- Merit list will be notified on the college notice board and intimated to the candidates by post
- Provisionally selected candidates to be interviewed by the Principal
- Parents must accompany the candidates during the time of interview
Seshadripuram Law College