Navodaya Medical College was the first private sector institution for medical education to be established in the Raichur district of Karnataka. The college was set up in the year 2001 as an independent medical institute. It is located at Navodaya Nagar on Mantralayam Road in Raichur, Karnataka.
The coeducational college is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI), New Delhi. It is affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Bangalore.
The college is devoted to the mission of creating medical professionals who would serve humanity with selfless interest. The college provides excellent facilities and a team of highly educated teachers who impart medical education par excellence to the students.
Campus of Navodaya Medical College
The campus of Navodaya Medical College is spread across a vast stretch of land. The most notable thing about the campus is the modern structure of the college. The massive structure is designed with striking architectural beauty. The colege building houses first-rate infrastructural facilities and latest equipments for imparting medical education. Away from the hustle bustle of city life, noise and pollution, the peaceful campus provides the ideal environment for teaching and learning.
Navodaya Medical College offers both undergraduate and postgraduate programs in Clinical, Pre Clinical and Para Clinical subjects under the medical stream of study. The courses offered by the college include the following:
Under Graduate Course
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery) – 4 ½ years course plus 1 year of compulsory internship
Post Graduate Courses
Doctor of Medicine (M.D) – 3 years course
- MD in Anesthesiology
- MD in Biochemistry
- MD in Dermatology
- MD in General Medicine
- MD in Microbiology
- MD in Pediatrics
- MD in Pathology
- MD in Pharmacology
- MD in Physiology
- MD in Radio Diagnosis
- MD in Preventive & Social Medicine
- MD in TB & Respiratory Diseases
Master of Surgery (M.S) – 3 years course
- MS in Oto-Rhino-Laryngology
- MS in Orthopedics
- MS in General Surgery
- MS in Ophthalmology
- MS in Obstetrics & Gynecology
- MS in Anatomy
Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) – 2 years course
- D Orhto (Orthopedics)
- DCH (Paediatrics)
- DLO (ENT)
- DGO (OBG)
- DA (Anaesthesia)
- DOMS (Ophthalmology)
Eligibility Criteria and Admission
- To be eligible for admission into the undergraduate course leading to MBBS degree a candidate must have passed PUC/12th standard and should have obtained 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (taken together) and should have passed English as one of the subjects.
- The candidate should have completed 17 years of age as on the 31st December of the year of admission.
- Admission to the course is granted on the basis of the merit list of Common Entrance Test (KRLMPCET), followed by centralized counselling. 15% of the total seats are allotted under the NRI / Foreigner category on Merit selection.
Post Graduate Courses
To be eligible for admission into the postgraduate courses a candidate must have passed the M.B.B.S degree examination from a recognized Medical College affiliated to any university recognized by the MCI.
- The candidate should have completed one year of Compulsory Rotating Internship in a teaching institution recognized by the MCI.
- The candidate should have registered his or her M.B.B.S degree with the respective State Medical Council.
- Admission to the postgraduate degree / diploma courses is granted on the basis of the merit list of the entrance examinations – PGET conducted by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences & KRLMPCET.
Infrastructure & Facilities
Navodaya Medical College provides excellent infrastructural facilities for smooth conduct of medical education. Among the many facilities provided by the institute are:
- Spacious lecture galleries equipped with the latest teaching aids and comfortable seating arrangement in all departments
- Large and well ventilated classrooms
- State of the art central library having a wide collection of books and journals of national and international repute
- Digital library having computers equipped with internet browsing facilities
- Exclusive seminar hall equipped with modern teaching aids in all departments
- Huge conference hall equipped with the latest teaching equipments like LCD projector, slide projector and over head projector
- Fully air conditioned auditorium that has the capacity to accommodate 500 people
- Central animal house with a large collection of experimental animals like Albino rats, Albino mice, Albino rabbits, Guinea pigs etc. for carrying out research activities
- Smart Card facilities that provide parents updated information about their children’s progress
- Gymnasium for maintaining good physical health of the students
- Sports facilities for various outdoor and indoor games & sports like cricket, football, volley ball, badminton, table tennis, carom, etc.
- 3 Boys hostels and 4 girls hostels that provide fully furnished rooms having all the facilities needed for a comfortable and secured stay
- Facilities for healthy and tasty food in the hostels
The college encourages research initiatives and offers facilities for basic science research, clinical research, intramural research and multi-disciplinary researches.
Contact for PG Admissions
Sri. Venkatesh Manvikar
Navodaya Education Trust
- About Raichur
- Ayurvedic Medical colleges in Karnataka
- Dental Colleges in Karnataka
- Medical Colleges in Karnataka
- About Medical Education in Karnataka