Khaja Banda Nawaz Institute of Medical Sciences (KBNIMS) was founded in the year 2000 under the Khaja Education Society. It is a coeducational institution that is located at Rauza-i Buzurg in Gulbarga, Karnataka. The institution is recognized by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India. It is approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI), New Delhi. The college is affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Bangalore.
The college was established to produce competent medical professionals who would be able to serve the society and solve their health related problems. The institute offers all the basic facilities needed for imparting high quality education in the field of medicine. The institute has a dedicated team of faculty members who inspire the students to become good human beings apart from being good medical professionals.
Khaja Banda Nawaz Institute of Medical Sciences offers Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) course. It is a 4 ½ years full time degree course.
Eligibility Criteria and Admission
To be eligible for admission into the MBBS course of the institute a candidate should have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology or equivalent from any recognized board of education.
The college has provision for an annual intake of 100 students for the MBBS course. For admission to the MBBS course a candidate has to appear in the All India Entrance Test ((KRLM UG ET) conducted by the Karnataka Religious Linguistic Minority Professional College’s Association (KRLMPCA), Bangalore. The admissions are made based on merit list prepared on the basis of the performance in the KRLM UG ET.
A few seats are available under the management quota in the institute.
Infrastructure & Facilities
The institute has all the facilities needed to impart education and training to the students to convert them into qualified medical professionals. Some of the main facilities offered by the institute are:
- A 750-bed multi specialty hospital having all modern facilities is available for the clinical training of the students
- Modern laboratories that are equipped with all the required medical tools and equipments
- Large centrally air-conditioned auditorium that has seating capacity for 750 people
- A huge central library having a rich collection of more than 14100 books on all subjects in the field of medicine, audio-visual aids, Micro Film Reader, MEDLINE database, computers, photo copier, etc.
- Departmental library for every department of the college
- Recreational facilities for the students
- Separate hostel for boys and girls, with each hostel providing spacious rooms, lounges, recreation room having TV, security and all other modern facilities needed for a comfortable student life
Khaja Bandanawaz Institute of Medical Sciences
Gulbarga – 585104
Phone: +91 8472 221 155 / 640 003 / 268 396
For Enquiry Contact
Khaja Education Society
Phone: +91 8472 228 540 / 267 657