The T A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) is a leading management institute in India. It is a private autonomous business school that was established in 1980. The institute is located in Manipal in Karnataka.
The institute offers a Doctoral program and several Post Graduate programmes in management.
Affiliations and Accreditations
TAPMI is accredited to the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
TAPMI’s Post Graduate Diploma in Management programme is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA), India and approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
Courses offered at T A Pai Management Institute
TAPMI offers the following programmes:
- Ph.D.: A doctoral programme that provides the opportunity to conduct high-quality management research.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM): A two year full time programme
- Post Graduate Diploma in Healthcare Management (PGDM-HC): A two year full time programme
- Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Financial Services (PGDM-BKFS): A two year full time programme
- MBA: An 18 month masters programme that is jointly conducted by TAPMI and the University of Dubai
Apart from these, TAPMI also offers Executive Education Programmes. TAPMI collaborates with a number of business organisations to provide continuous learning and education to their executives.
Under the Executive Education Programmes TAPMI offers the following:
- Management Development Programs (MDP): These are short and long term programmes for the executives and managers of major organizations in India and abroad.
- Short Duration Programmes (SDP): These are sponsored programs for organizations that have a pressing need to train their workforce on certain topics that are skill based and knowledge based.
- Certification Programs: Certification programmes consist of a minimum of 48 hours of contact classes in some domains and up to 360 hours of contact classes in areas of Marketing and Human Resource Management.
TAPMI offers the following certification programs at CEE Bangalore.
- Certification Program in Sales and Marketing
- Certification Program in HRM
- Advanced Certification Programs in Financial Management (only for Institutions)
- Certification Program in Derivatives
- Certification Program for Business Analysts
- Certification Program in International Business
- Certification Program in General Management
- Certification Program in Management for SMEs and Startups
Student Exchange Programme
TAPMI, Manipal has a student exchange program. The management institute conducts student and faculty exchanges with Sheffield Hallam University, UK and with the Asian Institute of Management, Manila.
Admission Procedure at T A Pai Management Institute
APMI follows specific procedures for admission into its programmes.
To be eligible for admission into PGDM and PGDM-BKFS a candidate must possess-
- Graduate Degree (10+2+3 or 10+2+4) in any discipline, recognised by the AIU as eligible for Post Graduation with not less than 50% overall aggregate marks. Final year students may also apply.
- Valid scores of CAT, XAT and GMAT
To be eligible for admission into PGDM-HC a candidate must possess-
- Graduate Degree (10+2+3 or 10+2+4) in medical/para-medical/pharma, recognised by the AIU as eligible for Post Graduation with not less than 50% overall aggregate marks. Final year students may also apply.
- Valid scores of CAT, XAT, GMAT and MAT
TAPMI follows a two stage procedure for admission of candidates into its PGDM Programmes.
- Valid CAT/XAT/GMAT scores are mandatory pre-requisites to qualify for the admission process consisting of WAT/ Personal Interviews or other evaluation components that the Institute deems fit.
- Candidates are short-listed based on several parameters, such as their scores in CAT/XAT/GMAT, academic excellence, work experience, extra-curricular and clarity of purpose. Short-listed candidates are invited to participate in the subsequent TAPMI Admissions Process. Final selection is done based on their performance in the TAOMI admission process.
In 2015, Careers360 ranked TAPMI at the 3rd position among the top B-schools in Karnataka and gave the institute AAAA rating.
CRISIL graded TAPMI as A*** B-School both at national and Karnataka State levels for three consecutive years.
Facilities at T A Pai Management Institute, Manipal
TAPMI, Manipal has a scenic residential campus spread across 42 acres of land located on the side of a hillock. The campus has a built up area of 320,000 sq. ft. The major facilities at TAPMI are:
- A fully Wi-Fi enabled and air-conditioned campus
- Classrooms with state-of-the-art facilities
- Seminar halls with seating capacity for 250 people
- Board room, conference rooms and video conferencing facilities
- A library housed in a three floored independent building having seating capacity for 120 users
- The library a rich collection of print and electronic resources
- A modern Finance Lab
- Computer centre having 5 computer labs with world-class information and communication technology (ICT) infrastructure
- Student centre having a canteen, a gym, a yoga and meditation room, an mini open-air theatre and a convenience store
- 4 hostel blocks, exclusive for men and women, having all modern facilities