There are various ways you could commute to Bangalore Airport. Special Volvo Bus for airport is very convenient to commute to and from the Bangalore Airport.
Meru, Easycabs and KSTDC (govt) cabs are the popular taxi services to commute to and from Bangalore Airport.
Commuters must note that a toll is payable when you travel towards the city from the Airport.
All phone numbers have an area code +91-80 (for landline) and +91 for mobile. Airport helpline can be reached at 4058-1111. Flight enquiry can be reached at 1-800-425-4425
Reaching Bangalore Airport By Road
The govt has started the work on the elevated road from Hebbal to Kogilu Cross. This is something one should have completed before the inauguration of airport. Anyway, we are known to do things only in the 11th hour.
Due to the elevated road and metro rail you may need to take alternate route to the airport to avoid the hassle of traffic holdups. This problem is expected to last till end of 2012.
For those who are coming from Indiranagar, old Airport Road, Koramangala, Electronic city, Hosur Road/Silk Board junction and central Bangalore – take the Outer Ring Road (ORR) right up to Nagawara. Then take a right turn to hit Thanisandra, go straight, take a left near Bagalur Cross, hit Bagalur Main Road, head straight towards Bellary Road o na four=l;ane road from Nagawara. This route wil lavoid both Minsk Square and Hebbal flyover where the elevated road work has begun.
For commuters coming via Trinity junction, instead of taking the Cubbon Road, they can head towards Ulsoor lake, Naga theatre, Coles Park, Haj camp, Nandidurg road, Jayamahal and Mekhri circle and then head via Hebbal flyover. The route via Nagawara will also be available but will be longer for these commuters.
The Nagawara-Thanisandra route has been opened primarily for those coming from areas close to the ORR.
To avoid all the planning, we strongly recommend you to use the public transportation or a taxi service listed below.
Taxi Services To Bangalore Airport
Our detailed article about Bangalore call taxi gives more information.
- AirLift : 080 4242 6100
- CelCabs: +91 80 6060-9090
- EasyCabs: +91 80 4343-4343
- MegaCabs: +91 80 7100-4747
- MeruCabs: +91 80 4422-4422
- KSTDC Taxi: +91 80 4346-4346
- SGL Tours and Travels: +91 80 4299-4399
- Savaari: +91 93585-85237
- TaxiGuide: +91 80-4130-7024 / +91 80-2654-4885 / +91 96320-77772 / +91 9840-335511
- Other cab services
Limousine And Car Rental To Bangalore Airport
- Akbar Travels: 1-800-226-000
- Hertz: 99725-02292
- Choice of sel-driven or chauffeured cars
- Fare: indicative rate upto 25 km is Rs 1,200
Bangalore Airport Bus Shuttle Service
Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) has Volvo buses from various points of the city every 15 minutes to the Bangalore International Airport (BiAL). Contact details (it is not that easy to get a response from these call centers, better to check their online schedule),
- BMTC Control Room: Telephone No: 2295-2522 / 2295-2422
- BMTC, Kempegowda Bus Stand: Telephone No: 2295-2311 / 2295-2314
- BMTC, Shivajinagar Bus Stand: Telephone No: 2295-2321 / 2295-2324
- Vajra buses will be alternated with non-AC Suvarna buses – to and from the airport.
- BMTC will run a total of 156 buses, of which 40 will be Volvo
- Pickup/drop off points will be from all key locations of the city.
- Vajra services are provided with space for passenger’s luggage
- Fare includes luggage charges
- The buses will have public address system, LCD panel showing real-time route information such as en-route pick up points, distance, travel time apart from entertainment videos, internet connectivity, mobile charger, newspapers and helper facility for luggage handling.
BMTC routes to BIA
|ORIGIN||DURATION||STOPS||No. OF BUSES||FREQUENCY||FARE|
|Mysore Road Bus Station||1hr 50mins||5||18||15mins||Rs135|
|JB Nagar||1hr 50mins||8||18||15mins||Rs80-135|
|HAL airport||2 hrs||10||18||15mins||Rs 80-135|
|JP nagar 6th Phase||2 hrs||11||20||15mins||Rs 80-140|
|Whitefield Post Office||2 hrs||6||20||10 mins||Rs 80-150|
|Koramangala||2 hrs 10 mins||15||20||15mins||Rs 80-150|
|Electronic City||2 hrs 45 mins||10||26||15mins||Rs 80-200|
|Kempegowda Bus Station||1 hrs 15 mins||5||16||15mins||Rs 80-120|
Tickets on BMTC bus routes can also be looked by logging on to www.viaworld.in or calling 41431000.